9th Gen Civic Forum banner

DC Sport Short Ram Intake

5K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  mreggball 
#1 ·
Ok guys question, a friend of mine recently gave me their DC sport short ram intake from their 2012/2013 Si. I have a 2014 Si. Are the connections different from their year to mine? There are 2 extra connections that have nowhere to go on my car after it is connected. Is that normal or does this intake not work on my car? What do I do with the two hoses that have no connection to the intake? Help please!!!

#4 · (Edited)
Your friend should've given you all the pieces shown below. When you removed the stock intake, you should have removed two rubber hoses. They are held in position with a large metal "clip" to the left of the intake tube. Both hoses are held in position with the same clip. The larger hose ran from the right side of the valve cover to the top of the intake tube. The smaller diameter hose is a coolant hose that runs to the throttle body. You're simply replacing those hoses with the new ones supplied with the DC Sports intake. The OEM hoses aren't formed the right way to fit with the new intake, so they give you new ones.

So just to clarify, the larger diameter hose runs from the valve cover to the new intake tube. The smaller hose simply replaces the coolant line that was already there. It has nothing to do with the intake. You just need a new one with the new intake so everything fits into the space properly.

Hope this helps.

Auto part Cylinder

#5 ·
here... I put some arrows on a photo with the DC Sports intake. The valve cover hose is pretty obvious (red arrows). The green arrows show the approximate locations for the coolant hose connections, but the connections are actually underneath other hoses, so you can't see them in the photo. But like I said, if you know how the stock hose came out, this one goes back in the same way. Use the same spring clips/clamps. Make sure the car is cool when working on it... otherwise the hot coolant will go everywhere.

Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Automotive super charger part

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.