9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get some HIDs on my civic ex. I'm planning on getting them from 4300k-6000k. I've read on different threads that the cheaper ones work just as well for lots of people. I was wondering, are the hids from ddmtuning any good? Also, what temperature would you recommend me getting?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think theyre pretty good i use them for my low beams (6k) and fogs (3k) the best thing about them is the lifetime warranty :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you install them yourself? If so, how did you adjust them correctly to reduce glare?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Park a car 25ft away and just point them downward with the adjustment screws behind the heads. Only significant way to reduce glare is if you retrofit projectors.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at the Morimoto Elite HID System on the retrofit source. It says that they give you a "perfectly focused beam pattern". Does that mean that you don't have to do any adjusting with these? Are they better than the DDM Tuning HIDs?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
No, there is no HIDs that focus themselves. I believe "perfectly focused beam pattern" means the gas housing that it's made of is even where cheap HIDs have different shades like it would give off two tones of color. It's all up to the housing ie reflector, projectors, wide lenses etc. If you're installing HIDs in the USDM civic's oem housing, you will have to adjust down downward a bit to reduce the lighting/glare in on coming traffic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Out of the HIDs that are sold from the retrofit source, kbcarstuff, and ddm tuning, which do most people consider to be the "best"?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Most HIDs bulbs are made the same. Main difference are the ballast and warranty the company offers. All three you asked about are pretty good. But if I had to choose one it would be ddm because of the warranty.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at your garage and was wondering which company you bought your HIDs from? Nice car btw.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Thank you, I got it from a good friend that is a whole seller for HIDs. If I remember correctly, he orders from theretrofitsource, ddmtuning, and few other places depending on who supplies him faster. Since youre in houston, you should stop by his shop. Lmk if youre going to stop by so I could let him know to get you a small discount or something.

Bluefire Wholesale

9305 Harwin Drive, Suite L, Houston, TX 77036-1826

·
Registered
15 Posts
Out of the HIDs that are sold from the retrofit source, kbcarstuff, and ddm tuning, which do most people consider to be the "best"?

Ive had "McCulloch" hids on my evo for almost 4 yrs no problems. Recently purchased ddm hids for my girls civic and they've worked great they feel well built (ballasts) only problem I had was they took about 2-3 weeks cause they came directly from china..

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have ddm HIDs in my lows 4.5k and fogs 3k and my girlfriends Tahoe 6k and they are all very good have not had a problem yet, although like it was mentioned before it takes a while to get them because they come direct from China. Worth the wait tho IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
DDM Tuning HID kits are pretty good for the price, however be prepared to wait for them as they ship from China. When I had mine I had to wait 3-4 weeks until they were delivered.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't care too much about waiting even though I'm pretty impatient. The thing that I'm most worried about is adjusting them correctly to reduce glare so that I'm not blinding people or getting tickets. For this reason, I'm probably going to get the 4500k so they look stock. Also, I'll have to remove them for inspection or if I go to the dealership so that I don't void my honda care right?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
If you want, I can help you adjust them or my buddy at Bluefire can as well. It passes state inspection (I can be your example) and it doesn't void any warranties unless the dealership can prove it has something to do with the issue that your having.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What part of houston are you located at? I probably won't be purchasing them for another few weeks though. I just want to make sure that I know exactly what I'm getting first. I appreciate the offer though and will let you know if I can't get them adjusted correctly when I receive them. Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Go for the XenonDepot Volt HIDs. Faster shipping. Amazing warranty response (they ship them out almost immediately if you need something replaced), helpful tech agents that pick up the phone rather quickly, and superb quality bulbs, ballast, and packaging.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.