9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm going to be going to the Detroit Auto Show the weekend of January 18th with my boyfriend. Are any 9th gen groups/SI groups going up there? I did some searches and couldn't find any meets to my surprise. The Detroit Auto Show is awesome for viewing the up and coming and concepts! Last year was a bit of a dud but they're supposed to be making up for it this year!

·
I Drive Too Much
4,526 Posts
I may be getting down there but it is too early to tell for sure. I have not been to the show in a few years now.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may be getting down there but it is too early to tell for sure. I have not been to the show in a few years now.
Last year was slightly disappointing. There was not nearly as many manufacturers as there has been in the past, but it looks like it will be a huge improvement this year!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LoL I'm excited to take my girl on another road trip! Took her from Cincinnati to DC in August, so this will be my second long drive in her... and with my new SRI! :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I will be there that weekend, where is a good place to stay?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be there that weekend, where is a good place to stay?
It's Detroit lol, find a hotel OUTSIDE of the city, far outside of the city! I know I'm a country girl but all of those burnt up buildings and graffiti scare me! We always make a road of it. It's a 4 hour drive, so we leave early, stay late and drive home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I plan on stayin at a place in Toledo, OH... about an hour away from Detroit. Not sure if it will be any good or not as I haven't been there yet but I would agree with Sassy and wouldn't recommend staying in the city.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,490 Posts
I'm too far away.

I'll consider the NY show when it comes to the Javits Center.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It's funny but a buddy of mine (Detroit Native) actually recommended me to stay in the downtown area, and take the train around. Anyone know how much the parking will be?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's funny but a buddy of mine (Detroit Native) actually recommended me to stay in the downtown area, and take the train around. Anyone know how much the parking will be?
A lot of private lots will have people around selling daily parking for 10 bucks. But I don't think that is good if you stay overnight. My boyfriend and I just drive up, park the car for the day, spend 6-8 hours at the show and drive home. :) Hope that helps!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honda disappointed :(

Well the show was okay, but also was a disappointment. How could Honda not debut their 2014 SI at the show? They had their 2013 SI coupe which they had there last year. There were a lot of other cars missing that we were hoping to see. The sos, the bronco. Ferrari didn't even both to show this year. The highlight was seeing the 2015 Toyota Supra Concept and the 770 prototypes. All in all it was a good show, even without a lot of cars we wanted to see.
770-blue.jpg 770-blue-rear.jpg 770-red-engine.jpg 770-red-rear.jpg Toyota Supra Concept 1.jpg Toyota Supra Concept Side.jpg

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I am loving that Mustang.^^^^^^^

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
That's not a mustang... That's the hyundai equus 770... It's a concept car.... LOL Not a mustang. Hyundai played with this for 6 years, they wanted to make a classic looking car.
Doesnt it have F O R D on the tailgate?I guess that copying is the sincerest form of flattery.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,490 Posts
Attempted humor?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts