9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered mine 4/10 so its been 19 days. The status still shows "Picked". I knew that it would be a while but its been almost 3 weeks and haven't even heard an update on it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
WOW really? id be calling and raising a stink... let them know your not down for the "backorder" crap..Get a refund and order an Injen from autoanything. you will have it in less than a week and its cheap at $288 with their %15 off new user price(welcome 15) when ordering. The power gains are really amazing. best mod so far...Very noticeable improvement.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I was trying to figure out the other day if they even released for general consumption. There's a guy with the prototype who can't photo it in his car or video do we can hear it - at least last we all heard.

Another kinda sketchy part release. Seems the only reliable parts have been from Injen.

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
yea i wouldnt order from them. i honestly hate companies that dont allow photos or anything. i mean seriously? like its some kind of top secret mission. its a freakin air intake!!! lol. even CT engineering has given us a sneak peak of their supercharger.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ah yes, yet another good reason not to preorder stuff before you see or hear it in action. :pout:

·
Registered
150 Posts
ordered mine ...never took or entered my order seems they have no interest sell it so i bought the injen cai

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I emailed them to cancel my order last night, they got back to me this morning saying its still in developement... sigh. They should atleast say on the website its pre-orders only... getting the injen as soon as i get my money back

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
LoL...it's still in developement??? I just don't trust that +20 HP gain...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Another company taking orders for products they don't have and can't get or even have a clue when they will be released. Autoanything 10% off and low price guarantee for I year is setting the bar for the proper way to treat valued customers

·
Registered
362 Posts
id go with the injen but just cant risk hydrolocking. i have driven through 1 foot+ deep "puddles" and the injen just sits too low for my comfort.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Their dyno chart was all over the place. It looked wrong. The baseline horsepower was way too low peaking at 140 and up to 155 with the intake (15, not 20 hp gain). That's nowhere near the typical 170s we've been seeing for baseline dynos. The AFR also is WAY too lean at 9:1 at 5700 rpm. I just can't believe they posted that without comparing it to other cases.

Plus where they measured the differences in horsepower and torque were totally unconventional. Seems like they had rookies doing that. Just weird.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Their dyno chart was all over the place. It looked wrong. The baseline horsepower was way too low peaking at 140 and up to 155 with the intake (15, not 20 hp gain). That's nowhere near the typical 170s we've been seeing for baseline dynos. The AFR also is WAY too lean at 9:1 at 5700 rpm. I just can't believe they posted that without comparing it to other cases.

Plus where they measured the differences in horsepower and torque were totally unconventional. Seems like they had rookies doing that. Just weird.
yea you're right their dyno chart looks really shady. i actually just got off the phone with chris from ct-engineering and i am very disappointed to say that they are still months away from releasing an intake. they said they couldnt get any decent gains so they are going back to the drawing board. that is a very honest and reputable company.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Their are posts on here that talk about the Injen in detail. 1' puddles, where do you live! Lol, that's crazy! Injen uses a different dyno than what most are used to seeing. All dynos, test setups and the car itself may test differently from what I have read? However, I am not an expert or car junkie by nature. My detailed conversation answers a lot of questions about the Injen CAI. AFR seems good from what I gathered from them and if they are too far out of wack, the Si resets the ECU back to baseline. Take a look at it under the a little bit of info on Injen CAI. Good luck on your decision. I hope it turns out to be the right choice for you. Makes it hard to decide when you are about to throw out $300 for an upgrade/mod. We all want to make the right decision.

·
Registered
362 Posts
just became available on corsport.com. ordered one with the dry filter. hopefully will have it by next week. pics to come!

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I just realized I just said lean for A/F of 9:1. :disappointed: should proof read those posts.

If you do get it, be interested to see and hear it. Plans to dyno?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
362 Posts
another update: got an email from corsport saying the intake is still in development and is 3-4 weeks out. why would they have it for sale if its not available?? oh well, paid 340 for it already. They offered the injen instead but i said ill just wait it out...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts