9th Gen Civic Forum banner

Difference between buying tire and rims online vs store

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Exxxtreme 
#1 ·
Hello Everybody this is my first time posting, but I have been browsing this site since I got my car. I've had my Civic LX 4 door for almost 2 months now and I absolutely love it. I was disappointed that I couldn't find a SI in my time frame of needing a car, but I figure I'm $5k short of a SI, so I might as well put a turbo when it comes out for the car.

Anyway I was wondering what's the difference between going to Les Schwab and buying rims and tires vs going online such as tirerack.com and buying them besides the obvious of the price?

#2 ·
les schwab? is it a shop that sell rims/tires from where u located?
and lets say this i got few shops that sell rims and tires from where im at but they dont have the rims i want or like so i get them online unsted LOL

#3 ·
The difference is, online you can buy just about any wheel and tire you want, and at many times with special online only deals. The only downside is shipping time and shipping costs. But sites like discount tire direct have free shipping.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#4 ·
online is cheaper, you have a bigger selection, and you dont have to waste any gas because they come right to your door. and you should have ordered an Si, thats what i did. no honda dealers anywhere near me had an Si so i ordered one how i wanted it and it took 8 weeks and i got it as soon as it came off the trailer. so nobody else has even test drove my car.

#7 ·
Warranty is going to cover mfg defects ... not curbing etc .. thats more insurance. If you hit a curb or bend a wheel in a pot hole its not the wheel manufacurers fault .. You can get road hazard coverage for tires.

I have bought a lot of tires / wheels on line .. never a problem ... just install them myself .. and I don't end up with some $8 kid scratching the wheels mounting the tires or over torqueing the wheels.

If you buy on line just make sure you get the propper wheel nuts and hubcentric rings.

#9 ·
Online: more selection, convenient but you have to pay for wheel balance and hooking up tpms for more than usual amount.

Store: less selection, most of the time installation is free and charge to pop up and transfer tpms for less.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.