9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the car on July 4th, 2012. It has been a slow progress, but I'm very happy with the car! I hope my progress thread can help and inspire others. Let's go!
2012 Civic Coupe LX
Current "mods":

HFP Wheels with Nitto tires
OEM Wheel locks
Plasti Dipped emblems, front grill trim, and rear "diffuser"
LED License Plate Bulb
Painted Rear Drum Brakes (black)
Rear windows tinted (from dealer)
OEM Trunk Tray
OEM Splash Guards (removed when new wheels were put on)
LED Interior bulbs
LED light strip in the truck
OEM Fog Lights
Debadged Civic emblem
LED Reverse Bulbs
OEM HFP Front Lip
Gloss Black vinyl wrapped Si styled front bumper bar
Upcoming mods:
Future Mods:
Some sort of suspension (either springs or coilovers) *I am aware of the vehicles ride height and have been working towards suspension*
Window tint
HFP Body kit (Rear underbody spoiler will be Non-Si version)
Possible Mods:
New headlight bulbs
Exhaust or just Si Style exhaust tip
Vinyl roof wrap
Black mirrors?(either vinyl or plasti dip, probably not going to do)
9281492606_5ac15d6d68_k_NoLicenseePlate.jpg 20130812_142105_no plate.jpg
The beginning!

20130817_153830.jpg

Black Plasti Dipped hubcaps. I was dumb and didn't take the hubcaps off the car and masked the areas behind them. Whoops! The emblems were also dipped.

20130825_130926.jpg

Red Plasti Dipped grill trim. I later added a Red Metalizer top coat.

IMG_0389_NoPlate.jpg 20140119_161159_NoPlate.jpg

I then dipped the hubcaps (properly this time) in Anthracite Grey. Also dipped the front bumper piece in Anthracite Grey (the plasti dip has been removed), a stripe on the bottom front bumper (the plasti dip has been removed) and added an EZ Lip (removed). The rear "diffuser" was also dipped in black. The emblems have been various colors over the years. They are now Anthracite Grey.

20140718_152741.jpg

De-Rusted/painted the rear drum brakes a few weeks prior to getting new wheels.

civic.jpg

HFP Wheels and Nitto NeoGen tires! Very happy with both the wheels and tires. This last picture is how the car looks currently.

Hope everyone enjoyed looking at the start of my progress thread! I will keep updating this thread as much as I can. Please feel free to follow my Instagram page (@dinautomedia)
Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,075 Posts
Nice job, Din. I like what you've done with the car. Simple visual mods go a long way towards personalization of your ride. :)

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Looks great din. I wouldn't paint the mirrors black or even plasti dip them for that matter. A lot of vehicles without painted mirrors are the the entry level models, while painted mirrors show a higher model in that line up. Just my .02 cents. Everything is looking really good.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great din. I wouldn't paint the mirrors black or even plasti dip them for that matter. A lot of vehicles without painted mirrors are the the entry level models, while painted mirrors show a higher model in that line up. Just my .02 cents. Everything is looking really good.
Thanks for your feedback! And I am still unsure about the mirrors but I figure I would put in on the list. And your points do make a lot of sense now that I think about it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Got my new Canon Rebel t5i camera a few weeks ago and got some pictures of my car. The car was really dirty in the first few pictures but had to get some pictures anyway. Still learning how to use my new camera as well. Hoping to have fog lights installed within the next couple months.
IMG_0282.jpg IMG_0285.jpg IMG_0295_edit.jpg

Attachments

·
I Need A Vacation
13,117 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Kev. In a perfect world I would the fogs and the HFP bodykit installed at the same time. Hoping that will happen so we'll see :eusa_dance:
Take your time with it buddy no rush, I take my time between mods I don't like doing everything all at once.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This looks awesome! I too have a 2012 Civic LX and have been looking for inspiration - can't afford to get all crazy just yet, but I definitely want to do something with it later. Keep up the great work so we can see any additional mods you do!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IMG_1900.jpg IMG_1967.jpg IMG_1962.jpg
Some night time pictures from one of the local meets I attend. Car and wheels are really really dirty :/
I also need some feedback from you guys regarding the fog lights. I'm still torn about whether to have them installed normally(can only be turned on with headlights) or have them installed independent from the headlights. Part of me wants to stick with having them installed normally because that's they way Honda made them to be and it might look "cleaner" overall. Another part of me wants change it up and be different. What do you guys think? All feedback is appreciated!

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,075 Posts
I had a module installed in my MINI that allowed the fogs to be lit independently of the headlights. Great look, imho.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been really busy with school and not much changes have happened to the car. But in good news, I've got the fog lights in my possession, ready for install. I will definitely post about the fog lights once they are installed.
Had Honda Service B1 and the tires rotated recently so everything is running smoothly. Absolutely loving the Nitto Tires and the HFP Wheels. Also got a new Meguiar's sticker. And also got LED bulbs for the interior and for the truck. I'll take pictures of those soon and share.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BIG UPDATE!
OEM Fog Lights are installed! Decided to not route them independently and installed them normally. Really changes the look of the car. Pretty straight forward install following the PDF and video from College Hills Honda. The kit itself was also bought from College Hills Honda.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts