9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Research Automotive Lighting

At Diode Dynamics, we want our fellow Honda Civic enthusiasts to be educated on automotive lighting products, so that they know they are purchasing the best products on the market. We have devoted this portion of our website to doing just that. Here you'll find information on different automotive lighting technologies, how they work and common misconceptions you'll see while shopping for your Civic. We hope you enjoy learning all about automotive lighting!

Any questions? Email us at [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks!
Nick C.

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
So a flasher does the same thing as a resistor, but the resistor is (somewhat) easier to install because all one has to do is tap two wires? And I would only need a total of one flasher (that would regulate all four blinkers) as opposed to one resistor per bulb? Any idea on what flasher the 2012 Civics use?

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
Nevermind. I just read this page: LED - Research and that answers my first two questions. But another two-part question while on the topic: how hot do the resistors get and how long does it take to fully heat up? For a dual-filament switchback bulb the resistor is only active when the turn signal is activated, right?

·
Supporting Vendor
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind. I just read this page: LED - Research and that answers my first two questions. But another two-part question while on the topic: how hot do the resistors get and how long does it take to fully heat up? For a dual-filament switchback bulb the resistor is only active when the turn signal is activated, right?
The resistors will get hot when the turn signals are activated. They will get about as hot as a factory bulb, but nothing to be overly concerned about.

We use two 6 ohm 50 watt resistors to spread the heat out, rather than using 1 larger resistor which centralizes the heat to one location and increases the risk.

I always suggest replacing the flasher module with an LED equivalent where applicable. It's much easier to install

If you have any questions about lighting, feel free to give us a call: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendor
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NEW! HD Halos and Strips!

Diode Dynamics is excited to announce our new HD LED Halos and Semi-Flex Strips are now available! Offered in switchback and single colors (red, amber, blue and white), they are perfect for custom applications! The Strips are available in 3, 6, 9 and 12 inches and the Halos are offered in universal sizes from 50-160 millimeters.

Both products were designed from the ground up and manufactured in our facility here in St. Louis, Missouri. They are backed by our hassle-free 3-year limited warranty.

Click here to shop

·
Supporting Vendor
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Our Stage Series Light bars are available in Amber as well! Here's the Driving and Wide output comparison shots!

Thank you,

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendor
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Each component on our Stage Series LED Light Bar was designed and engineered with one goal in mind: maximum functionality and performance in a highly-durable, yet compact package! Take a closer look below!

Get Yours Here ? Stage Series LED Light Bars

1 - 20 of 37 Posts