9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First unbolt the receiver and set it on the seat so you can work on it.

View attachment 19253

Open it up with a butter knife. Slide both plastic pieces off.

View attachment 19254 View attachment 19255 View attachment 19256

Locate and remove the metal sensor clip.

View attachment 19257 View attachment 19258 View attachment 19259

Slide the sensor off.

View attachment 19260

Put the sensor clip back on in case you'd like to reinstall the annoying device.
reconnect the plastic pieces with the sensor hanging out on the side.
Bolt it back to the seat.

View attachment 19261 View attachment 19255

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for your contribution.

I put my work gear on my front seat and the STUPID PASSENGER SEATBEAT CHIME IS ANNOYING!!!!!!!!

This is why forums were created to encourage sharing of thoughts and mods
Not because i wanna drive around without my seatbeat... pffff

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well I agree. I guess you could say I'm lazy but who cares. So in the trunk I keep my duty gear and files. So I carry my back pack and lunch in the front. Can't tell you how much I love to here the annoying sound of the seatbelt reminder to buckle up my lunch. I have a coupe and rarely use the back seat. Always put things in passenger seat and have dealt with it so thank God there is a disable. I wish there was one like how the police units have. It deactivates threw a series of buckling and unbuckling the seatbelt. But this will work the same I hope. :cool:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
do you think this would have any effect on the airbags during a crash? i thought i remember reading somewhere that the airbags will inflate differently if it senses a passenger in the seat, but the seat belt is not buckled. i think it might be a safer alternative to buy one of these: Universal Car Safety Seat Belt Buckle Alarm Canceller Stopper Eliminator Black | eBay

that way, if you have a real passenger in that seat, they are able to use the seatbelt normally if they choose.

think about this scenario: you are driving and have somebody in the passenger seat. they are seriously hurt and upon inspection by insurance, they see that you have modified the seatbelt. guess who is responsible for all of the medical bills?

·
Registered
431 Posts
think about this scenario: you are driving and have somebody in the passenger seat. they are seriously hurt and upon inspection by insurance, they see that you have modified the seatbelt. guess who is responsible for all of the medical bills?
they are responsible for wearing their seatbelt whether or not it has the chime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts