9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody here who has experience with race cars or electrical stuff know how you can defeat the airbag system? I have a gutted car that is getting a quick release wheel and race seats and I already removed the airbags I just want the light to not show and I won’t need to put them back in again. I’ve watched a few videos and the only things that made sense like putting a 2ohm resistor in the plugs or just blocking communication of the airbag module with a HDS tool. If anyone has any advice about this help me please. And I don’t want to hear about safety and all that crap most of our parents drove cars without airbags anyway...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I’m going to be trying the resistor route, with 2.2 ohm 2 watt resistors that in essence simulate the airbag. No stores around sell so I’m ordering online and will post an update once I try.

·
Registered
2015 si sedan : acuity/rbc/rdx/plm/hondata/etunez
431 Posts
would hondata have anything to help this? i would assume some type of scan tool could wipe the light off the dash?

just curious tho - how heavy are all those airbags? prob shaved some good weight off the car.

·
Registered
703 Posts
yea, i've read 2.2 ohm would work or even a 3ohm 1 watt. I wrote it down in my notes but got to find it somewhere. But there's a guy commented on Procivic YT page on them switching seats that they used a specific combination and it worked.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would hondata have anything to help this? i would assume some type of scan tool could wipe the light off the dash?

just curious tho - how heavy are all those airbags? prob shaved some good weight off the car.
Sadly things like this are out of Hondata’s reach. Honestly I don’t think they don’t weigh THAT much, and I haven’t taken ALL of them out so I don’t know yet but I would say around 20-35lbs max. What I’m doing is stripping portions of the car completely bare and removing as much as I can and then putting most of it back together.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, i've read 2.2 ohm would work or even a 3ohm 1 watt. I wrote it down in my notes but got to find it somewhere. But there's a guy commented on Procivic YT page on them switching seats that they used a specific combination and it worked.
Everywhere I’m looking says it is between 2 and 3 ohms, and I’ve been losing confidence on what it should be but I found this while surfing the 8th gen forum;
and I think I’m going to do the same thing that he has which is order a box of resistors and just trial and error it with all the different plugs and positions and try to get em all gone. The 10 ohms he got at first threw me off but who knows I won’t know till I try and I will share the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts