9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Same here. PITA is a good description. And after having it on for a month, I'm really starting to be disappointed w/ the improvement. I don't want to go for the rest of the Eibach kit but I certainly thought I'd get a bit more tightness out of this. So has anyone else gone for the stiffer setting IE the inner bolt holes on the bar?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Same here. PITA is a good description. And after having it on for a month, I'm really starting to be disappointed w/ the improvement. I don't want to go for the rest of the Eibach kit but I certainly thought I'd get a bit more tightness out of this. So has anyone else gone for the stiffer setting IE the inner bolt holes on the bar?
I read that one guy did and he said it felt a little to stiff. But if you aren't liking the soft setting you should try it out and report back. At least it will be a ton easier to do that than putting the whole thing in was.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yeah it sounded like he was saying it made it a little too tail happy. My first car was an 82 BMW 320i. If you're familiar with those, they had a tendency to break loose with little warning and so I have a few unpleasant memories. But I think I'd be willing to try it out at this point b/c I'm less than impressed...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Understand that body roll is improved, but how about general straight line ride? Is there any more stiffness.roughness to the ride? Any more road noise?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
hey has anyone picked up the eibach front sway bar yet, it should be available by now

·
Registered
696 Posts
Understand that body roll is improved, but how about general straight line ride? Is there any more stiffness.roughness to the ride? Any more road noise?

Thanks
There are zero negatives. And to follow up my old post, once I upped the PSI in my tires, this upgrade really became apparent. There's no negatives to this upgrade.

·
Registered
274 Posts
So which is for stiffer or(more oversteer quality) the way he has it? Or the other hole

Oh and also my Tsudo muffler no longer can fit due to the sway bar ):< though I'm going to try tomorrow again just to make sure but most likely will have to bend it if anything

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed progress 22 mm in 2013 si. Recommend take picture of old one easy to reverse install. 22mm still works well on 13 si. Almost neutral throttle on cornering. Actually slight oversteer throttle off cornering

·
Registered
11 Posts
To squash the inquiries regarding which holes to use,

I emailed ProCivic's customer care, and they responded:

"You are correct, moving the end-links to the bolt holes further in on the sway bar will stiffen it up more. We always recommend starting with them outermost bolt holes simply because stiffening the rear bar makes the car rotate easier, and going too far can make it unstable during cornering where some people may not feel comfortable driving it that way. If you're looking for more rotation though, stiffen it up. Thank you for choosing to upgrade your SI with us. Feel free to email us back if you have any more questions."

I also installed the sway bar into my civic following this DIY. Super easy, I am by no means a grease monkey of any sort, and I figured it out. Also even on the "softer" setting there is definately an improvement in regards to understeer. The rear definately is a little more tail happy; I'm going to change to the "stiffer" setting today and can't wait to see the further improvement.

hope that helped!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Just did my rear sway bar yesterday. Definitely took longer than I expected. I found it really hard to get to the top bolts on the d-bracket. Then I realized the the d-brackets are attached to the body via another l-shaped bracket. I removed those and dropped the bar with bushing still attached.

# 12 and 13 in the pic

also, one of my end links was stripped so i had to chase it with a die and get new flange nuts. someone must have been in there before me...
all of my bolts were 14mm rather than 12mm like the OP mentioned.

·
I Need A Vacation
13,256 Posts
hi, just bought a used eibach sway bar (4031.312). Question: is the Eibach bushing color BLACK or RED? and what kind of Lube/Grease should i use on the bushing (Since it does not come with it). Also the OEM comes with 20mm and eibach is 19mm. Should i replace it with eibach? I'm using Eibach Pro-Kit
If your OEM is 20mm than no point in switching to a 19mm sway bar I would just leave it as is.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Can someone else please comment on the size difference because I've heard different things. Some people have said that although the Eibach RSB is only 19 mm, it's plenty stiffer than the stock OEM RSB, even though the stock bar is bigger in diameter. Kev, you're saying the 19mm RSB from Eibach won't get you any improvement? Well crap! The Eibach 19mm RSB just showed up at my door and I was about to install it. What do others think / have in terms of experience?

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Oh jeez, it's not sounding good for the Eibach bar. It's smaller diameter and not hollow (I can actually confirm it's solid, although I haven't taken off the OE bar yet). Why do they even put this as an upgrade?

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Okay everyone, take it from me: if your car came with a 20 mm OE rear sway bar, the Eibach 19 mm bar, even on its stiffest setting with uprated Moog end links is hardly what I would call an upgrade. They're both solid bars, and there's little between them in terms of roll resistance. I will be trading soon for the Progress bar. I could see the Eibach bar as an upgrade from a dinky OE bar several mm smaller, but I'll probably wind up taking the 24 mm Progress variant after this experience. Who wants to buy a hardly used Eibach RSB??

·
Registered
31 Posts
If the OEM bar is hollow, wouldn't the eibach one be much stiffer just from the added torsional strength gained from it being solid?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Guess it depends on the year of your car. The 19mm Eibach bar was a definite improvement in my 2012. The OEM bar for 2012 is only 15mm. While it's not a tremendous upgrade, I can definitely feel it, especially on exit ramps, etc going 40-50 mph. If I had the 20mm OEM bar, I never would have swapped it out.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts