9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DIY 2013 Civic JDM Hazard Button!!!

******* THIS BUTTON WILL FIT 2013 CIVICS!!!!!! *********

I have a 2013 Civic SI, I took the risk and ordered the JDM Hazard button, and I'm officially here to break all this nonsense and say IT FITS THE 2013!!!! Slight modification is needed but that is simple as hell!
The original hazard button on the 2013's has a different mount to screw into the back of the panel, both sides where the holes for the screws are go straight across, but the JDM mount has the holes going on one side higher and the other lower.
JDM Mount looks like this with the holes diagonally from one another
Design Logo Graphics
While the original mounts holes goes across (I don't have a picture of the original mount because it's in the car)
Design Logo Graphics
The mounts come off both hazard buttons the same way, there is 2 clips that fold over the back of the edges to hold the mount in place, you just push those clips inwards and pull the mount off the hazard switch.These are the clips

Once you pull the mounts off both, you switch them, putting the original mount onto the JDM switch. Then you just install the switch into the back of the panel and there you go! JDM Hazard Button on a 2013 Civic!
Original
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio
JDM Installed
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio
JDM on with lights on
Speedometer Car Automotive design Vehicle Gauge

**** SIDE NOTE!!! ****
Once the mounts are off the switch, you can actually remove the front hazard housing to expose the LED inside the body. There is black rubber on the LED to dim the light, mine is a lot brighter than usual because I removed the black rubber simply with tweezers. If you like the dim look, keep the rubber, if you want it to light up more, then simply remove it and put everything back on, it is not hard.Undo these clips to remove the head and expose the LED to remove the rubber(I only have a picture of the original hazard switch because the JDM is in the car, but they are the same)
Vehicle Car Wheel City car

If anyone wants to know how to remove the center panel to get to the Hazard button on the 2013's just message on here and I'll explain it.

BTW!!!
The triangle on the JDM Hazard Button does not sit properly up right, it can be removed by peeling the white traingle off, so if that is going to bother you then either find someone to make a new vinyl to replace the triangle or don't buy the switch. It really doesn't bother me but I have a custom vinyl guy if anyone needs/wants it.

******* BTW YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!!! *********

Reactions: inno

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Subscribed! Always wanted this for my '13.

That lopsided triangle does kinda bother me. Anyway for your guy to make extra triangles? I can PayPal u for compensation.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I'll let you know about the vinyls, he's making me a few options right now, so once I see it all and know it's good I'll let him know about starting this for everyone.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh yeah, so how do you remove the center panel to get to the switch?
Sorry just saw this today, it's really simple... first thing you have to remove is the black part of the center panel that's under the carbon fiber trim, it has a door that you open with 2 screws, you take out those 2 screws and pull it out carefully so you don't scratch the plastic pillars.

Then under the carbon trim should be 2 screws facing you, you simply remove those, and then there are 2 more facing downwards connected to a metal bracket, these 2 were extremely hard for me to remove with a screwdriver so I had to use a socket wrench to remove them.

Then you simply pull it out, disconnect anything if you have to pull out the panel more, and there you go, there are 2 screws holding in the hazard button.

·
Registered
29 Posts
where would i try to order the JDM hazard button from? any updates on the vinyls also?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Installed Jim hazard switch from my 2013 Honda fit into my SI last night. Switched the housings and everything bolted up fine; however, the symbol is slightly crooked. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Center console

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
i also noticed the OP's Si had heated seats as well as Auto climate control.

what else do the Canadian's get that we don't here in the states?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts