9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
automatic passenger side window?

i drive a civic si coupe, and one thing i wish they had was the passenger side window to be automatic as well.

is there any way to wire the window to do that?

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I'm in agreement there. I'm used to it now though. Was a while there I'd bump the buttons just to see the passenger window down an inch.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have been looking all over the internet for this! i cant find a sollution that works, i think its a combination of components in the switch itself and then also the window motor thing, it sounds like a simple request, but honda has made it a hard task to accomplish, because the switch for the coupe is 1 switch atached together for both driver and passenger side, so in order to get that auto feature, you would literally have to cut the switch in half and fuse it together with another driver side that was cut off another switch. i was thinking maybe some acura model might use similar switch with auto on both since acura is a little more high end with certain features and our cars are usually almost identical for certain models, but i havent had time to pursue this idea

·
Registered
224 Posts
this auto up on the passenger side and the reverse camera are 2 things i need to get done lol, and i want it to be as OEM looking as possible.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS AND IS NOT COMPLETED!

So... We all have Auto drivers windows... but no passenger! This makes AP sad! Here is how we make both driver and passenger AUTO :)

First things first, your going to need to disassemble your door panel, i don't want to make repeats of any DIY so refer below to remove the door panel and take out your switch module.
DIY: Door Panel Removal on LX Sedan (This will work on the Si/Ex/LX etc.)

Secondly, we're going to need to remove the enclosure to get at the circuitry :smile:
There are a total of three screws; two at the top, one on bottom.

Next, wedge a small screw driver between the bottom peice and lift it very gently by the two clips. Be very careful these clips are very flimsy if you push them the wrong way, breaking them would mean a loose switch enclosure :crybaby:

Once you'd got it up, put something in there to hold it from snapping back in.

Now do the same at the top, you can be a little more rough with these ones, don't think they'll break that easy! There's a little slot you can poke a little flat head in!

Alright, so that's the easy part! As you can see below, the auto window button uses a total of 8 pins. 5 on front, 3 on back.
The Passenger only uses 6. 4 on front, 2 on back. Simple enough, we're missing a single set of pins, located in the center of the AUTO switch!

Here's where i'm stuck... The on delay relay switch is actually a momentary contact switch that holds position once triggered. The problem is that the momentary and hold contacts are contained inside the switch.

All i'm thinking of doing is simply drilling a hole through the center of the passenger side board, and wiring to a small momentary switch and contact. You can wire right off the leads of the secondary AUTO switch, problem solved.

Next issue, is that the casing on the auto switch underneath is part of the switch enclosure. Therefore it cannot be moved or uninstalled. A custom rail type system will need to be fabricated in order to accommodate the new type of switch.

Pin config shown below for left and right.

Reactions: EvanChrisBrianScott

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Its ok Pauly,I think I'll figure it out :D

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I buy parts, you work your magic, send me the stuff.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
AP, your the man. All thou I'm still waiting on a response to the red brightness of the sun. Lol (Oh yea,,, nice shoes). Lol
hahahaa you make me laugh!!! Sun is 2700K thought we established thiss hahahaha

If anyone wanna sponsor me for the door part(s), I'd be happen to figure it out.
the panel i bought was from an Si Sedan, was $80 + shipping :(

I buy parts, you work your magic, send me the stuff.
Find it here:
This one is reduced :)
2012 12 HONDA CIVIC MASTER POWER LEFT WINDOW SWITCH BUTTON OEM | eBay

Sure, but its gotta be at my pace of working. Full time school and work :( . PM me if you are interested.
Lol your considering this? I think i can get it, just nee to bring a neutral jumper over the back and boom done! Need a car to test in tho hahaha don't get my car for a while :crybaby:

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Prime! This write up is awesome! This is something I really wanted, and even expected from a 2012 model honda. My 2005 Scion had auto up and down on both windows, and it was one of my favorite things!

I'd definitely be willing to sponsor if I can get a working switch module out of it.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Prime! This write up is awesome! This is something I really wanted, and even expected from a 2012 model honda. My 2005 Scion had auto up and down on both windows, and it was one of my favorite things!

I'd definitely be willing to sponsor if I can get a working switch module out of it.
Yess! I know even my dad's Fusion SEL has it on both sides!

No need for sponsors! I'm going to make this work. Mostly just stuck on how to make the sliders under the switch. will take pics when i get home :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
My Camry has all 4 windows on auto, and that's stock. Can't wait for DIY.
All 4?! Like 4 auto switches? Even the Rolls Royce Phantom is auto driver and passenger only.....

My 2003 Accord would open all windows with the touch of a button, but it doesn't mean they are actually auto switched....

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
*Updated*

·
Registered
6 Posts
you need to change the main unit
there is a block with 2 auto or full auto switches from CRV 2013 European ver.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts