9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Vendor
628 Posts
manual gear selector is not a solid piece like an automatic gear selector, it's why we have bushing you can upgrade.

buddy club alone sold over 500 sets over the course of 2 years, not to mention other brands....

today, we actually have 7 local members check, 8th gen, 9th gen, miata, subie, it all wiggles....

who really put in 1st gear and wiggle while driving ? i never heard of this is an "issue" until today, and i've been driven manual since 1986
I agree, this all of a sudden became an issue somehow. I just got in our 1999 5 speed project Civic with fully stock shifter and it wiggles a ton, much more than any new Civic with a short throw.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
could this damage the transmission at all? Is that a stupid question?
Hey there is no such thing as a stupid question, unless you already knew the answer! No, the wiggle will in no way damage the transmission. Again, the factory cars wiggle a ton depending on the make and model.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Does anyone feel that this shifter ruins the smooth throw of the stock one? Deciding on buying or not
It does not at all from my experience. We have two Si's here both with short throws and they shift smoother than stock. However, they do have heavier shift knobs as well, so that could be a part of it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I installed this yesterday and it feels great. But today I was looking at my old cage and noticed that the bushings snap up through the bottom. I installed mine with the hybrid bushings snapping down from the top. Is that wrong? I can re-do it, but want to make sure that it was wrong.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts