9th Gen Civic Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have dug and dug, does anyone know how get to the wire harness in a 2014 Civic LX? I'm trying to connect subs to stock radio but can't figure out how to pull out the head unit to tap into ACC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
So I have a 14 si and want to tap my loc to my rear stock sub! I noticed someone asked if he should attach both neg/positive on loc together on stock sub wires but didn't notice an answer!
Is this what I should do?
Cheers!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i cant wait to try this, best buy sells the LOC for anyone thats looking for it fast, they also have a install kit also. i think the brand is kicker

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I can't remember what I did? I think both negatives from loc to negative. Both loc positives to positive. Grounds not used. No issues. Works just fine. Sub adjustment from head unit works to. I also mounted my amp to the back of my seat from within the trunk. I can switch between my stock 8" sub and 12" Kicker within a mi ute or two. Whatever I feel like doing or if I need the trunk space.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello folks. I would like to install Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered sub into a 2013 Civic LX. First attempt.

Does the radio harness have
-remote turn on / power control terminal?

The manual said to connect to accessory (ignition switch) fuse if not. Saw a video of a guy who wrapped bare cable around a fuse holder.

Also would splicing into rear speaker wires provide the same signal?

Thanks. I got too many questions!

121 - 126 of 126 Posts