21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
video for downpipe install :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
First off. Big thanks to the OP for this write up, it has made things incredibly easy so far. Thanks! One quick question, on the corner cowl pieces, more on the inside of the part there was a blur colored retaining clip. They dropped down in behind the suspension I think. Are they critical? Do I need to rip things apart and get them or will I be fine without? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have the cowl components removed and im moving forward with installng the downpipe after a quick smoke. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I would reassemble back to stock. I marred mine too, got new at the dealer. There not that expensive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
273 Posts
GoT it all back together now. Im gonna pick up some tjis coming week. Itll be good for a few day im sure. Gotta say, lovin the sounds of my full race catless with stock exhaust.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Like others have said, BIG thank you to the OP. I am wanted to make a quick comment. If you are changing struts, you don't actually have to remove the corner pieces at the wind screen to reach the upper bolts. You can get to two of the nuts just removing the access door and a circular plug. I used a really long flat blade screw driver and was able to pop out the blue clips - though I did slightly damage one of them. Replacement blue clip is 90602-TA0-003. The windscreen wiper blades are not splined, they're tapered. Once the nut is off, lift the wiper blade like you were cleaning the windscreen and the arm with almost fall off in your hand. When installing the corner pieces place the outermost part in it's channel first (spray a little silicone spray and ease the job). When the outside corner is almost in place, get the windscreen wiper stud in it's hole, and then you can guide the little blue clip into it's slot from the top. It almost looks like it's not in all the way, but as long as it's snug against the windscreen and the outer fender (clips firmly in place, you're good).

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Woops. Send me a PM and I'll fix it when I get home from work tonight.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Fixed.

Reactions: kev604

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks. If I am installing a strut tower bar I guess I should take it to step 7 of your DIY?
I think so. You would need to expose the tops of the strut towers and give yourself room to work to put the strut bar in there. Pop the little rubber covers off in step 5 before doing anything else and see if you can work from there. Otherwise, expose the corners and install. Would be interested in seeing what you come up with when you're done with the strut bar.

Reactions: kev604

·
I Need A Vacation
13,986 Posts
I think so. You would need to expose the tops of the strut towers and give yourself room to work to put the strut bar in there. Pop the little rubber covers off in step 5 before doing anything else and see if you can work from there. Otherwise, expose the corners and install. Would be interested in seeing what you come up with when you're done with the strut bar.
Okay thanks I'll post up once I do it.

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I'd do it on the ground first. But I'm short.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Great DIY thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've asked this question on another thread, but I'll have to ask it again here. Has anyone been able to successfully re-install the corner plastic pieces of the cowl? I have this 1/4" gap between the fender and the plastic now. I've checked other civics and they have the plastic tight against the fender. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I've asked this question on another thread, but I'll have to ask it again here. Has anyone been able to successfully re-install the corner plastic pieces of the cowl? I have this 1/4" gap between the fender and the plastic now. I've checked other civics and they have the plastic tight against the fender. Thanks guys.
Got a picture?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts