·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
You have to pull them back up.
They have a retainer that holds the plastic to the under side, top portion, of the fender. You have to pull them up. I use a plastic panel removal tool to get under, then pull it up till it locks in.

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
I've asked this question on another thread, but I'll have to ask it again here. Has anyone been able to successfully re-install the corner plastic pieces of the cowl? I have this 1/4" gap between the fender and the plastic now. I've checked other civics and they have the plastic tight against the fender. Thanks guys.
Mine looks the same no matter how many times I removed it and put it back in. I just can't seem to get it back flush. It's hardly noticeable and not loose, so I've come around to live with it.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Mine looks the same no matter how many times I removed it and put it back in. I just can't seem to get it back flush. It's hardly noticeable and not loose, so I've come around to live with it.
There it is the big piece in the middle. Now you can see on the edge how it has "tabs" those are the ones that need to grasp the underside lip of the top of the fender.

Harbor freight has a plastic panel removal tool. I suggest plastic, someone might let it slip and crack your windshield.
Plastic is far more forgiving.
Like I said. Once it's in place then stick the tool under it. Where sits on top the windshield, and gently wiggle and pull up. It'll lock back in place.

Attachments

·
Raspy is a bad thing?
4,535 Posts
There it is the big piece in the middle. Now you can see on the edge how it has "tabs" those are the ones that need to grasp the underside lip of the top of the fender.

Harbor freight has a plastic panel removal tool. I suggest plastic, someone might let it slip and crack your windshield.
Like I said. Once it's in place then stick the tool under it. Where sits on top the windshield, and gently wiggle and pull up. It'll lock back in place.
Thanks EffBee, Harbor freight has a 5 pc set for 8 bucks.

·
Registered
271 Posts

I just cracked my windshield trying to remove the damn passenger side wiper wasnt thinking right and tried to pry it off with a panel removal tool i feel like a dumb as$ i removed it before to install my DP with no problem $hit gonna cost me $$$

Reactions: NSWDoc
41 - 48 of 48 Posts