9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Alright thanks. I was just making sure cause when I had my 8th I read somewhere that you needed new ones because the stocks weren't strong enough.
Yea, I'll replace them with better ones eventually. But the 9th gen R18 and Si rear sway bar end links are the same, so I figure a couple millimeters above the Si rear sway bar won't do too much to the current end links.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I found a front and rear sway bar kit for the '12 on the Eibach site. If I order directly from them will I need additional parts?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just ordered mine from procivic.com. they had two options: All except Si and Si. I went w/ all except, but ordered the extra parts from CHH just to be safe

·
Registered
412 Posts
Installing it now. How in the world did you remove the brace from the gas tank? We have all the bolts removed, but there's like a tab holding the end closest to the middle of the car....

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Installing it now. How in the world did you remove the brace from the gas tank? We have all the bolts removed, but there's like a tab holding the end closest to the middle of the car....
If I remember right, since it has been so long since I actually did this, I had to move the brace around either left or right or forward or back in order to get the tab out. I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I really can't remember exactly how I managed to get that brace off, I just remember it wasn't the easiest.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Got it:) thank you so much. In the home stretch now. Thanks for the quick response BTW. I'll post pics when I'm done...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Got it:) thank you so much. In the home stretch now. Thanks for the quick response BTW. I'll post pics when I'm done...
You're welcome. I'm surprised I'm not still in a food coma from yesterday, haha. You will not be disappointed with the results of the sway bar.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Its in. Wasn't able to get pics cause it was so dark, but it works GREAT! Really gives you a lot more confidence. I had the stereo off (which I never do) listening for any unusual noises and I heard a few "clunks"... is that normal?

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,386 Posts
See, that's what I'm talkin' about. A nice clear, precise picture and list. A big thank you, Chris.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Will this DIY work on an Si?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts