9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use 5mm allen wrench to lock strut bolt so i won't moving around. Take out a lug nut with 14mm wrench. Remove washer and put some where safe for later.

Take out rubber bushing with flat head screw driver.

Insert new bushing right away before strut bolt start to change position. You will need rubber hammer to secure the bushing down. (If the bolt is already moved or you can't install new bushing, you might have to jack up the car.)

Put oem washer back on then rear strut tower bracket and put new lug nut that come with the kit.

Now do the same on on other side.

Make a hole for trunk liner so we can pass strut tower bar through. Length on rear strut tower bar is adjustable. Lock everything up on both L/R side.

Double check everything. Make sure all bolts and nuts are tight!

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
image.jpg
Im guessing its the "damper upper self-locking nut", so 22 lb/ft

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
nice writeup man.

do you honestly notice any difference in handling with those 2 pieces installed?

yes, the rear tower bar gives you alot better use-able oversteer without going for a thicker rear sway bar that reduce damper travel..

i just remove mine bar out before black friday (you can detach the bar if you need to use the full trunk), now my car drives with alot of understeer even with larger rear sway bar.

i can't carve the corner as smooth as with i got both rear sway bar + rear tower bar.

trunk brace is to reduce chassis flex, it make the structure more solid, will increase some oversteer, but not as much as rear tower bar or rear sway bar gives

road flare 4.jpg

·
Registered
370 Posts
I really like my tower bar ! in addition with the subframe brace the car feels solid in curves, it really helped to reduce body roll, just need suspension with front strut bar and it will be A1 for my needs :)

Is FKX gonna design a front strut bar similar to the rear one ? would be awesome since im not really a fan of the Megan Racing one..

·
Registered
680 Posts
I really like my tower bar ! in addition with the subframe brace the car feels solid in curves, it really helped to reduce body roll, just need suspension with front strut bar and it will be A1 for my needs :)

Is FKX gonna design a front strut bar similar to the rear one ? would be awesome since im not really a fan of the Megan Racing one..
You could go with Ultra Racing for the 2.0 FB. I have the 4 point bar and it fits for a 2014 Si Sedan without issues. I plan on getting the rest of their brace supports as well down the road. It helps that they are white to match my car already. :D

·
Registered
11,032 Posts

this is fkx racing front tower bar...

the secret is this 1) reinforced bracket

2) the bar is rib-caged, they are not hollow or single blade type like most low end tower bar

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
You could go with Ultra Racing for the 2.0 FB. I have the 4 point bar and it fits for a 2014 Si Sedan without issues. I plan on getting the rest of their brace supports as well down the road. It helps that they are white to match my car already. :D
ultra racing 4 point brace is not a struct tower bar, the it's a chassis brace, it will not effect the whole McPherson struts due to the mounting point, struct bar needs to be mounted on the struct, chassis braces mounted on chassis..

here is ultra racing's diagram how tower bar works...

it works the same on both front & rear, especially the rear like ours are independence have only 1 mounting bolt for the shocks (usually it's 2 or 3, and guess what honda did for 10th ? they upgrade it to 2 bolt mounting for better performance) will make even better improvement than the older honda with double wishbone suspension

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
10th gen civic rear shocks are still Independence rear suspension, but the rear shocks are now bolted to the hat that are bolted (2 point) to the chassis

10th civic rear 1.JPG

10th civic rear.JPG

·
Registered
370 Posts
damn this one looks bad and solid too lol
not like the others that seems to be thin...

I saw the group buy about this one but I see its been inactive for a year now I suppose its over and there is nothing left ? =\

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
damn this one looks bad and solid too lol
not like the others that seems to be thin...

I saw the group buy about this one but I see its been inactive for a year now I suppose its over and there is nothing left ? =\

there are used floating around... you just need to keep an eye out, there are too many counterfeit fkx bars right now it's why it's stop production. there will be some legal action in the near future. just not now...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts