9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remove spare tire and the lid that cover it. Use tack puller or flat head screw driver to take out push in clip.

IMG_0478.JPG
Remove two 10mm bolts right behind rear seat. You can fold the seat down for easier access.

IMG_0475.JPG IMG_0476.JPG
I cut trunk lining out a bit so the rear truck brace can fit.
You can also take trunk linings out from the car for temporary if you want. :)

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
IMG_0482.JPG IMG_0484.JPG
There is a hole on the right side ready to install. Just duplicate another hole on the left side with the template. Look at the measurement in the photo and you can make one to use.

IMG_0485.JPG IMG_0486.JPG
Make a small hole on the template in the center of circle and use something like pen to mark where you want to drill 5/8 inch hole.

Use 19mm socket wrench for left and right bolts and 10mm for two bolts at the bottom. Remember not to tight any bolt all the way down just yet. About 1 to 2 turns is good enough.
IMG_0488.JPG IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0490.JPG
You can do two bolts at the bottom first or maybe after, it doesn't matter. When install trunk brace on the left side, You have to bend nut handle in order to align with the hole inside.

After all bolts are in right places, tighten all bolts down and you are done. :eusa_clap:

·
Registered
271 Posts
That looks sick! Great job on the write up! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Can't wait to get mine,it's in transport now but got to get it powdercoated red first.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: team3d

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Reactions: team3d

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I cut out a slot on the back part,it wasn't bad,I had a friend help.30 minutes tops.everything went smooth as hell.perfect alignment on the holes.well done,get their real strut tower and this piece and your car will stiffen up so much your head will grow...I drove my 04 to work yesterday,it felt like a piece of crap compared to the race car feel of my si now.i am really sold,can't wait to get the 6 bolt x brace on,

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: inno and team3d
1 - 20 of 52 Posts