9th Gen Civic Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was installing my trunk brace a little while ago and I dropped the bolt on the drivers side behind the metal. How the heck to I find it? :-( I tried sticking my fingers, long nose pliers, then moved it with a. Screw driver and it seems to have fallen further deeper into the land of no return. I need help.....

please!!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Get about a foot long stick and tape a small magnetic on the tip. I got it out that way.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is there any other way anyone can think of the get the hardware unstuck out of the crevice of never see it again?

Magnet was less than productive. Its lodged in there pretty good and I cant even get it to budge with a screw driver or wire or anything.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Try a shop vac rigged to some thinner tubing?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is there any other way anyone can think of the get the hardware unstuck out of the crevice of never see it again?

Magnet was less than productive. Its lodged in there pretty good and I cant even get it to budge with a screw driver or wire or anything.
Indeed a nightmarish story....and you need help.

[h=1]A portable digital flexible inspection cam with a lcd monitor is a start[/h]

·
Registered
376 Posts
Indeed a nightmarish story....and you need help.

A portable digital flexible inspection cam with a lcd monitor is a start
lol i was just thinking earlier "man i wish i had some flexy grabby thing with a led and camera on the end" because i know thats the only possible way id get it out short of cutting a hole in the frame there.

i purchased mine from procivic (the other brand lol) and they are gonna hook me up with more hardware to mount it so its not the end of the world anymore.

thanks for the suggestions :D

41 - 52 of 52 Posts