9th Gen Civic Forum banner

DIY: FKX Rear Tower Bar 9thGenCivic R18, FB6, and FG2 *Picture Heavy*

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  team3d 
#1 · (Edited)
:2thumbsup:Today I will be showing you guys how to install a FKX Rear Tower Bar for 9thGenCivic's R18, FB6, and FG2.

Tools Needed:

• Flat Head Screwdriver
  • Max Axess Wrench
  • Torque Wrench
  • 5MM Allen Key
  • 14MM Socket
  • 14MM Max Axess Socket
Step 1: Remove trunk liner clips to gain access to the strut bolts
Trunk Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Auto part

Step 2: Move trunk liner to the side to remove the strut bolts
Trunk Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Auto part

Step 3: Use 14MM wrench or 14MM Max Axess Wrench with a 5MM Hex Key to remove strut
bolts
Auto part

Step 4: Remove washer/rubber bushing (put washer in a safe location as you will reuse later)
Vehicle door Auto part Automotive exterior Vehicle

Step 5: Replace old bushing with new rubber bushing that came with tower bar. Secure new
rubber bushings with a rubber hammer or screwdriver like I did.
Finger Hand Nail Thumb

Step 6: Put back OEM washer and tower bar bracket
Vehicle Car Floor Trunk Auto part

Step 7: Tighten strut bolt back enough to hold the bracket.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Auto part Wire Hand Finger Automotive exterior

Step 8: Cut trunk liner with a simple long ways cut for a clean look.
Vehicle Car Floor Vehicle door Trunk

Step 9: Slide trunk tower bar through the trunk liner cut you just made and bolt it on to the bracket
(the tower bar is adjustable so adjust it until it fits perfect for you.)
Floor Auto part Flooring Vehicle

Step 10: For the final step make sure to tighten up all tower bar bolts and tighten strut bolts to 22 lbf-ft.
Now do the same steps we just did for the other side and you will be good to go.
Auto part

Just like my other DIY I have put together a video incase you would rather watch a video over reading all these steps. Lately I have been having
lots of fun making these videos so why not? Here is the link to the video! Enjoy

Hope you guys enjoyed this write up! Once again I want to give a huge shoutout to Team3d aka Andy for hooking me up with this FKX Tower Bar I absolutely love it.
Any questions of constructive criticism please don't hesitate to let me know what I could have done better

See less See more
1 10
#4 ·
I heard that as well, if you see Rob's DIY he also mentioned that point but I didn't have that issue while installing mine. Keep in mine It took longer to do the process for simply because I was recording it and I still didn't run into that issue. But thank you for pointing that out I will add it to the DIY [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.