9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1.JPG
Remove plastic covers located in front of strut mounts area.

2.JPG
Pull out side plastic covers in front of windshield wiper bolts.

Remove windshield wiper caps and lug nuts with 17mm socket wrench. Take both windshield wipers out. (Pull windshield wiper leg up a little more if you are having difficulty pull them out).
3.JPG
Unsnap and remove side windshield cowl cover located under windshield wipers.

4.JPG 5.jpg 6.jpg
Use 14mm socket wrench to remove all three lug nuts on both side.

7.JPG
Disassemble FKX strut tower bar then take steel brackets out and put them on top of each strut mount. (Use flat head screwdriver just like a wedge to help bracket go down easily.)

8.JPG
Tighten all lug nuts back. (Torque specs should be at 44lbs)

9.JPG
Very easy install. No need to cut anything.

10.JPG
We need 14mm allen wrench and something to hold down lug nut from other side to tighten anodized aluminum bar and brackets together.

Snap all plastic covers and install windshield wipers back then we are done.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Still cusious as to why some have been simple bolt ons while me and a couple others had to grind down a bit of the cowl for it to fit under the brackets. Ever find a reason for that?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
a 13 civic si. when i mentioned what i had to do for my install some agreed and some disagreed.. with the same model. idk if the brackets werent made all exactly the same or what.. i work as a tech at an acura dealership so its not something stupid im overlooking.. it would straight not fit without grinding down the cowl a tad..i dont doubt it worked for some, but it didnt for me... someone who isnt comfortable with grinding their cowl to fit might be upset if they were expecting a 100% bolton mod.. thats the only reason im bringing it back up again.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still cusious as to why some have been simple bolt ons while me and a couple others had to grind down a bit of the cowl for it to fit under the brackets. Ever find a reason for that?
It's very tight fit. If you feel like grind it down a bit that is totally fine. Tested on 2013 Si before and no cut was made. As long as plastic clips can be snap on to windshield cowl, it's good enough. Just push it in a bit.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I had to push my driver side a little,but no big deal.it was a straight forward install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11,032 Posts
yes, you can use this diy for megan racing too since meagan racing copied their bar off fkx racing, the layout is the same except the material & strength.

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Will these enhance the handling when used with a stock suspension.
Also off the topic here but what size is the stock Rear sway bar on the EX coupe?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I installed my bar tonight. Very straight forward and easy. I tried putting the passenger side bracket on first and could not get the thing over the strut bolts for the life of me. I thought I was going to have to trim the plastic back as Tech had mentioned. So after about 2 minutes of pissin around and getting mad I decided to jack up the front of the car. I jacked it up just enough so the strut bolts dropped until about a 1/4 inch was sticking up. I then slid both brackets on simply and let the jack down and tightened everything up. I would recommend to anyone installing to just jack the front of the car a bit to help get the brackets in there, there was no prying or anything at that point.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts