9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts

·
Baned
8,521 Posts
Still cusious as to why some have been simple bolt ons while me and a couple others had to grind down a bit of the cowl for it to fit under the brackets. Ever find a reason for that?
Probably different tolerances? As long as everything was within specifications it passed quality control in whatever plant it came from but one corner might have been a little further one way or another which would cause one person to need to grind off a little of the cowl while the next person did not need to. Or it could be the base of the tower bar's tolerances. Or a combination of the two.

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Registered
92 Posts
Torque specs at 44lbs, what's a way to measure that? I don't have a certain tool my friend told me I need to have so I don't know how tight to tighten the bolts. Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Torque specs at 44lbs, what's a way to measure that? I don't have a certain tool my friend told me I need to have so I don't know how tight to tighten the bolts. Thanks.
Torquemeter. To assure that all the bolts were tightened the same amount as required per the maintenance manual. Is that Inch/lbs? doesnt feel like much.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Torquemeter. To assure that all the bolts were tightened the same amount as required per the maintenance manual. Is that Inch/lbs? doesnt feel like much.
Torque wrench. Ft lbs. Really no need to torque. Just tighten them down good and tight.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Torque wrench. Ft lbs. Really no need to torque. Just tighten them down good and tight.
I measured the torque before i loosened them it read 40.

Just installed it. Excelent Post, the secret with that shaving off plastic is the jack. Just jack it up until the wheel comes off 4 inches of the ground. Then just gently push the wheel down, enough to fit in the base of the bar. No need to shave or cut anything off.

I messed up on of the nuts threads, I really dont know how. Im gonna have to roll with two bolts until I get to work and fix the thread.

·
Registered
413 Posts
IMG_20141028_152456_289.jpg

14 Si sedan. Love this bar! I could feel a difference from the first corner!

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm a noob at chassis modifications...and i want to learn more. Is this still a part that's sold? Couldn't find it on the FKX site...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Got a few guys asking about all the bars after they saw me do a little autocrossing. ;)
Me, all bars.
Them, zero bars
Me, stock engine
Them, boosted 270-350hp motors
Me, tied for first.
I can take the corners so much faster than them because my car doesn't roll like they do. Also I'm on ProKit springs where they are on coils. And they admit I am a pretty good driver and know my car. :D

Get those bars made!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts