9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like many, i have found the lighting in the trunk to be outright miserable! I was storing the car tomorrow so i quickly finished up this job today after workand took pics for everyone who was interested :smile:

I swapped over all my connections to Fuse port 23 (intended to support 7.5A fuse) I placed a 10A fuse in anyways to leave room for future LED upgrading :smile:

Here's the layout and wiring you can see into the control panel :smile:

Fuse slot #23 is an ACC (Accessory) controlled fuse source, so once the key is in the ignition the lights come on, when the car is powered off and locked, they turn off, hence making the lighting in the trunk useful
You can see how they are connected here...

Just wanted to show, the residential electrician in me puts wire connectors on everything :smile: No soldering in this case

For those of you interested, i used the rear seat belt bolt as my grounding screw.

This is what it looks like, and how i connected them.
They actually look much brighter in person!

For the wiring to get to this location, i simply ran a #18AWG wire to that location. Ran it under the door trim, to the rear seat, unbolted the seats, and ran it along the steel blating. If you're lazy you can just shove it in the cracks, just don't shove around any seat hinges :smile:

All the tubes are actually held by Industrial HD 3M double sided adhesive tape.

A total of 4 tubes are used, at 18LED's each :smile:

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
AP
Thank u for a superb diy!!
looks great, and the dark, scary area known as a trunk storage becomes a disco!!
good job my friend, and thanxs very much for sharing it with us tards, err, turdz :eek3dancesmiley:

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahah i actually bought another set that i was gonna install in the engine bay tonight as well, but my friend really wants red in her footswells so i'm doing it for her!

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Hahah i actually bought another set that i was gonna install in the engine bay tonight as well, but my friend really wants red in her footswells so i'm doing it for her!
AP-she wants what in her where???-family forum please!:eek:fftopic:

·
Hola
3,746 Posts
Lemme know how hard that is to do, cause I'm interested!

FG3 SQUAD MEMBER #5

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lemme know how hard that is to do, cause I'm interested!

FG3 SQUAD MEMBER #5
I already have a DIY on the footwells :) Use fuse Slot 23 for that as well, @ 10A you can get about 250-300 5mm HI-LED's :)

Reactions: SexyLeo

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
omg more red lights in AlienPrime's car hahahaah
Got another set on the way! Won't be installed till the summer tho! The car goes away tomorrow!

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Insane, but too much work, my dad wont let me do it =(
It's close to two hours after running wire's getting the ground bolts in, making all your connections etc :)

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i would like to request that this terrific DIY be made a sticky!!
Nice, detailed, informative DIY for a pro or a beginner.
Moderators, please?
But every DIY is very well done. Can't sticky them all haha

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,763 Posts
More red. Lights. People look into that car and get rage from all that red...

Too bad you're putting the car away for the winter. She'll be sorely missed.

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
More red. Lights. People look into that car and get rage from all that red...

Too bad you're putting the car away for the winter. She'll be sorely missed.
Yeh i know man! Will take pics today and post how she sits for the winter. will post em in the "What did you do to your car today" Thread :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
I would love to do this but im waiting to get my sound system in first :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Banned
8,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would love to do this but im waiting to get my sound system in first :)

Wire em at the same time! A spool of #18AWG wire costs $4. Put your source wire ran back there so that you don't need to take apart molding more than once :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts