9th Gen Civic Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I switched from HR to Acuity and my HR bushings aren't that old, maybe a year old but I noticed a significant difference for the reasons I meantioned in the first couple of posts. I highly recommend the CT adapter and MTEC springs. Do you by chance have a BC short shifter?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I switched from HR to Acuity and my HR bushings aren't that old, maybe a year old but I noticed a significant difference for the reasons I meantioned in the first couple of posts. I highly recommend the CT adapter and MTEC springs. Do you by chance have a BC short shifter?
Sorry for the late reply.. I just ordered the acuity bushings.. Ill be replacing the hr bushings so thats good news. What differences did the ct adapter make??? I definetly wanna get the mtec springs but im a little worried about any type of short shifter because this trans is already kind of weak. So no. I dont the bc shifter.. But i definetly wanna hear your opinions on what you have

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.. I just ordered the acuity bushings.. Ill be replacing the hr bushings so thats good news. What differences did the ct adapter make??? I definetly wanna get the mtec springs but im a little worried about any type of short shifter because this trans is already kind of weak. So no. I dont the bc shifter.. But i definetly wanna hear your opinions on what you have
Now I'm sorry for the late reply lol.

So I went from the stock shifter to Buddy Club, but had issues with that SS, removed it and installed my stock one with the CT Engineering adapter. Milage may vary because I went from a damaged SS to the CT, but it was a night and day difference. I like the stock shifter assembly much better, so basically just imagine that the CT shortens the throw on the stock shifter, the feel will be the same, it will just be shorter. MTEC springs don't do anything to shorten anything. In fact MTEC springs are installed in the transmission its self. Basically they are stiffer springs so the shifter returns to center easier, and shifts feel more positive on the transmission side.

I highly recommend everything I have done, this car needs some love on the transmission and shifting side of things. Stock just doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Now I'm sorry for the late reply lol.

So I went from the stock shifter to Buddy Club, but had issues with that SS, removed it and installed my stock one with the CT Engineering adapter. Milage may vary because I went from a damaged SS to the CT, but it was a night and day difference. I like the stock shifter assembly much better, so basically just imagine that the CT shortens the throw on the stock shifter, the feel will be the same, it will just be shorter. MTEC springs don't do anything to shorten anything. In fact MTEC springs are installed in the transmission its self. Basically they are stiffer springs so the shifter returns to center easier, and shifts feel more positive on the transmission side.

I highly recommend everything I have done, this car needs some love on the transmission and shifting side of things. Stock just doesn't cut it.
Yea.. I definetly agree with that.. The transmission needs some good lovin... Is there anything to worry about when installing that ct adapter?? I thought you can mess the tranny up with any short shifter.. Im not too sure if i wanna do that.. Definetly gonna do the mtec springs though.. It probably helps to smooth out the shifts just by bringing it to center... I just got the bushings yesterday.. Ill be putting them in this weekend.. Ill definetly let you know what i think... Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Please let me know if you notice a difference when you install the Acuity and remove HR. I was surprised how loose my HR bushings were when I took them out.
Yea the hr bushings definetly had more play in them.. The acuitys have the rubber ring that makes them more snug.. They feel better then the hr bushings

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

61 - 67 of 67 Posts