9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing well. First off I want to give a huge shout out to FKX Racing for this exhaust and my buddy Famer for helping me install this on my car. Today I will be showing you how to install the Injen Axle Back Exhaust for any 9th Gen SI. Installation was pretty straight forward so I didn't go into full details like my last DIY. The main focus of this DIY is how the exhaust sounds compared to the stock exhaust. I have put together a bunch of different angles of the sound of this exhaust compared to stock. (Video link for sound clips at the bottom of the post)

Pictures of Injen Axle Back:
full exhaust.jpg
exhaust.jpg
Top exhaust.jpg
back of exhaust.jpg
tip.jpg

Tools Needed:

• Floor Jack
  • Jack Stands X2
  • Breaker Bar
  • Socket Ratchet
  • 12mm Socket
  • WD-40
Step 1: Jack your car up enough to put your two jack stands on each side. After placing jack stands in the correct spot
lower the jack slowly until the car rest on the jack stands. (Leave your floor jack for extra support)

Step 2:
Remove the 2 12mm bolts that are connected to the stock mid-pipe.
(This step would be useful if you used a breaker bar)
2 bolts.jpg

Step 3: Lube up the single rubber hanger and the double rubber hanger to take them off the exhaust
(Lubing up the rubber hangers is highly recommended as they can be a pain to come off)
single hanger.jpg
double hanger.jpg

Step 4: Remove the exhaust off the rubber hangers and pull back towards the rear of the car to remove the exhaust.

Step 5:
Just reverse the steps and you will be done in no time. (This installation took at most 30 min to install and that was because I was
recording the process)

For those of you that prefer to watch a video of the installation, I have also put together my first ever DIY video
to help people like me that would rather watch the installation then read the process step by step.

DIY/Sound Clips Video:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds pretty good! Only thing that slightly bothers me is the little metalish high pitch rattle I hear with the new exhaust. It's not always there, but it's noticeable for me at least. Nice video!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Nice video. Personally, I think stock sounds better.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Man, maybe it's my crap speakers at work but it sounds better than stock in my opinion. What do you guys mean by metallic sound?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds pretty good! Only thing that slightly bothers me is the little metalish high pitch rattle I hear with the new exhaust. It's not always there, but it's noticeable for me at least. Nice video!
sounds much better overall but that little metallic sound is killing my soul too
Check the video at 1:50 I think thats the sound they are talking about. There is a little resonating when the revs are coming down when he is reving it.
I can agree that I was also kind bummed out about the metalish high pitch. After a couple days it seems to have faded away. The exhaust also got a bit deeper will try and make a follow up video of how the exhaust sounds now that I have had it on for a week. One other note is that I did a res delete on the car and I know @juicizzle mentioned something about "there is a little res when the revs are coming down" so im not sure if that was the cause of the metalish high pitch. I also have a test-pipe on my car so that's another thing to take in consideration. At the end of the day I love how it sounds and wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice video. Personally, I think stock sounds better.
Stock is not bad at all just personally I think the Injen Axle Back took it to a new level. In video even though I thought it sounded really good, it does really translate how good this exhaust really sounds in person.

Man, maybe it's my crap speakers at work but it sounds better than stock in my opinion. What do you guys mean by metallic sound?
I think your speakers where just fine. I think this exhaust makes it sounds way better than stock. (As for the metallic sound question refer to the reply I did about it)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Check the video at 1:50 I think thats the sound they are talking about. There is a little resonating when the revs are coming down when he is reving it.
Ahh man. My car makes such a worse sound than that being catless with the stock exhaust LOL. it sounded great to me. I can't wait to get a catback next year, currently in between this and the Greddy SP Supreme.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts