9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so just got these in yesterday from ijdmtoy and had time today to install. I purchased a direct fit led interior kit with the 5 led shine lights for trunk and license plate.
uploadfromtaptalk1345411655591.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1345411688159.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1345411747735.jpg
For the map lights I used a small flathead screwdriver. I went in from the middle making sure not to break the clips. Be careful when you take out any lenses because if you do break and you'll need to buy new ones
uploadfromtaptalk1345411998629.jpg
The had 3m tape on the back with foam. I installed normally but after I put the lenses back on the fit was to tight and couldn't turn the light on. So I cut a piece of the foam off so I could put it farther inside. So now I can turn the lights on!
uploadfromtaptalk1345412268490.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1345412308891.jpg
This little piece of plastic here was making the fit to tight.
uploadfromtaptalk1345413061383.jpg
On to the dome light. The fit here is to tight for my screwdriver so I found something in a little travel hygiene kit. I think you use this on something with your nails? But it worked perfect for me. Anyway on the dome has smaller clips then the maps so you can go in from any corner really and it will snap out.
uploadfromtaptalk1345413346046.jpg
The 3m tape here fit in perfect, so you just Peel off the back, stick it in and pop the lense back on
uploadfromtaptalk1345413507116.jpg
Next up is the trunk light. On the right side of the trunk light is a raised section where you can use something to push the clip in and pull down. Pretty easy.
uploadfromtaptalk1345413647898.jpg
This uses the 5led shine light. Just snaps right in. If its not lit up, just turn it around. Will continue on next post can't put up anymore pics. Also for every light, make sure to test it before you put lenses back on or you'll have to switch the - + around.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last light is the easiest of all. For license plate light open the trunk and look for the gray connector. Push on both sides with fingers to take out swith with your led. Make sure to test and snap back in.
uploadfromtaptalk1345414022371.jpg
That's all of them. Thanks for reading. If you have any other questions just ask. Pretty simple to do. Will post more pics later today when it gets darker out. Can't wait to see!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Also thanks a lot to ijdmtoy for the very good service. Even after a week of waiting to be shipped I still got them sent to my house. Im a very pleased customer :D
And BTW this is for a 2012 civic si coupe

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got the same direct fit leds along with the trunk and license plate light, the direct fit is very bright but the trunk not really bright

FB2 Squad #10

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bunch! Yea for the trunk I can only really tell the difference at night. And for your map lights did you have to cut anything to make them fit so you could turn the light on? Jw

·
Registered
329 Posts
Holy shit this kit was bright! Thanks a lot guys. Very pleased with the outcome/first mod:):broccoli[1]:

·
Registered
36 Posts
FYI. I just did this using this write up on my 13 exl bulbs look diffrent but its super easy only part that was slightly hard was license plate lights. Getting the covers back on was a bit of trouble

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought some LED lights from College Hill Honda, they are bright enough....I've read about some people getting special kits for the trunk but I think the $12 LED was enough for me. The installation of all lights took me less than 30 minutes, only because I was really careful not to break anything.
20130409_212828.jpg 20130409_212901.jpg 20130409_212933.jpg 20130409_212937.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do NOT recommend ijdmtoy for the interior lights. After ordering and paying extra for "flat rate" shipping they finally shipped. I received them 5 business days later, and I was ok with this because I was happy to get them. Of the 5 lights only 2 fit. My invoice is correct. I called and wow...they don't care. They want to create a refund for a prepaid shipping label that takes 3 business days then ships. Then once they get the LEDs back they will send the correct ones. All for a .50 led that I overpaid for. Lesson learned. DON'T BUY FROM THEM!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey just wanted to put a quick "thank you." Ha ha, I'm an idiot. I have been mumbling about how the rear seat area is so dark, didn't even realize that the there was a dome light in the rear. It was turned off. On a more serious note, I used a strip of LED's from Autozone for the trunk. It's a pair of 12 inch LED's with 3M adhesive on the back. I put one facing rearwards and one facing straight down. Now I have a lot of light in the trunk. I felt that the single trunk bulb was pretty crappy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey just wanted to put a quick "thank you." Ha ha, I'm an idiot. I have been mumbling about how the rear seat area is so dark, didn't even realize that the there was a dome light in the rear. It was turned off. On a more serious note, I used a strip of LED's from Autozone for the trunk. It's a pair of 12 inch LED's with 3M adhesive on the back. I put one facing rearwards and one facing straight down. Now I have a lot of light in the trunk. I felt that the single trunk bulb was pretty crappy.
There's a rear dome light?? Dang did I miss it too?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts