9th Gen Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Armo how did you file down he 02 sensor?

Reactions: Arm0ged0n

·
October K24Z7 2012 ROTM Winner
1,236 Posts
New Official So Cal 9's Crew.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks Armo. Also for the Q300 install did you notice any rattle Armo. Cause i just installed mine yesterday & it rattles. I see its hitting against a metal part under the car. What can it be?

·
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks Armo. Also for the Q300 install did you notice any rattle Armo. Cause i just installed mine yesterday & it rattles. I see its hitting against a metal part under the car. What can it be?
Does the rattle starts at 6k RPM's? I have the same issue, I've checked for air leaks, checked for loose bolts, checked the gaskets and everything's seems fine. From what I hear is that the rattle sound is more like the intake and downpipe sucking more air in.

·
Registered
247 Posts
May have something to do with the downpipe,not sure.I've been over 7k a few times since mine was installed but haven't noticed any rattles.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I installed just the exhaust so far. & lets say there is a little bump u can sometimes here it. It gets pretty annoying and the exhaust rattles up & down hitting that metal piece, i also made sure the rubber pieces were on tight.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Awesome DIY, wish I would have read it when I did mine. The cowl was the most frustrating part for me. Did at my friends shop on of his racks ( very lucky to be friends with a guy that owns a shop and rack ). Of course way easier than on your back on with jackstands. I also had a rattle problem in my N1 after install. Went ahead and pushed in some of the heat shields, and then noticed the muffler has a little bracket that connects the hanger rods together for support. That little bracket rod was hitting the cars hangar and you could see where there was paint missing. So I cut the bracket and boom no more rattle. Sounds great.

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts

·
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Can you take a pic of the place where the bracket used to be?
Awesome DIY, wish I would have read it when I did mine. The cowl was the most frustrating part for me. Did at my friends shop on of his racks ( very lucky to be friends with a guy that owns a shop and rack ). Of course way easier than on your back on with jackstands. I also had a rattle problem in my N1 after install. Went ahead and pushed in some of the heat shields, and then noticed the muffler has a little bracket that connects the hanger rods together for support. That little bracket rod was hitting the cars hangar and you could see where there was paint missing. So I cut the bracket and boom no more rattle. Sounds great.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey armo just installed the Rv6 dp thanks for the write up! Would of taken a lot longer but only major problem was that o2sensor! We didn't have a grinder so we had to McGuire a socket but in the end we made it work lol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
26945_2161___2012%20Civic%20N1%20Invidia%20Titanium%20Tip.jpg
I cut the crossbar / bracket thing between the 2 hangars. The crossbar was hitting the chassis hanger making it rattle. Q300 doesnt have that though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks! Can you take a pic of the part you cut off so i can do the same to mine. That damn rattle noise is getting annoying

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have only installed my invidia q300 exhaust & not my ultimate racing fownpipe yet. But my exhaust rattles sometimes. It bangs on something!

·
Registered
375 Posts
its getting pretty annoying. I think im going to have to order another rubber mount

·
Registered
375 Posts
What can i do to stop the banging then? Should i get another rubber exhaust mount from honda?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Armo,
Got my RV6 today. I have a quick question. Does the 02 sensor on the bottom go straight in the pipe or that defouler pipe that comes with it? I have a catted version

Thanks

·
Vanilla Ice is my hero!!!
539 Posts
Armo,
Got my RV6 today. I have a quick question. Does the 02 sensor on the bottom go straight in the pipe or that defouler pipe that comes with it? I have a catted version

Thanks
The O2 sensor goes into the defouler. I also have the catted version.

Reactions: Arm0ged0n
21 - 40 of 88 Posts