9th Gen Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I installed just the exhaust so far. & lets say there is a little bump u can sometimes here it. It gets pretty annoying and the exhaust rattles up & down hitting that metal piece, i also made sure the rubber pieces were on tight.

Mine does it too. Its the flex pipe causing the exaust to move a little to much over bumps. The oem had that bracket to the motor that kept it pretty solid. Going to the exaust shop and have them weld in a bracket.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I only get a rattle on cold starts and lasts for about 45secs to 1 minute then goes away. looked all over no leaks and all my bolts are tight.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
is not a rattle is the design of exhaust manifold and dp metal is thin which cause that echo sound... if you listen to fullrace cat-back with catless dp it sound like an exhaust leak which i have too but isn't and I've already check for exhaust leak twice on lift..

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mine literary rattles and hit the chassis underneath. I think i am going to buy stiffer rubber mount which i bbelieve should take care of the problem.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Mine rattled over bumps and on cold starts. Prior to the RV6 I had no rattles. Went to the shop that did my custom exaust. My exaust is all one welded piece from the flange back. I have no clamps like the kits. The flex pipe causes the catback to rattle. The oem bracket kept eveything solid. If yours isn't loose on the hangers your lucky. I'm pretty sure its not designed to make those noises. Anyhow heres how you fix it. Theres a drilled cross member in the middle of the car. Bolt a hanger block to it and weld a hanger to the exaust. Sorry about the shitty pics but you get the Idea.

View attachment 19852 View attachment 19853

·
Registered
375 Posts
Nice that is my final option, i was told to buy stiffer exhaust mounts and if they do not work then i am just going to go to the exhaust shop, cause the invidia q300 sounds beautiful, only problem is that damn rattling. Sounds like i drive a 1990 civic instead of a 2012 lol

They charged me $30 to do it. Rattling is gone completely. Those wierd sounds when shifting also

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have read this post 3 times now. I think I'm ready for my Full-Race downpipe, which will be on its way. Thanks for the write-up and replies.

Reactions: Arm0ged0n

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Just rent the o2 sensor socket from advanced auto. They give you your money back after you return it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I did not use the small heat shields. The one is on the dp, the other is on the car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Could I use a 3" downpipe with the stock exhaust for now until I get the funds to get a catback ? Or do i have to have a 3"exhaust too? I'm taking about fitment. I know if it's not both 3"will be less performance but I'm just interested to get a straight answer if I could use my stock exhaust for now. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Arm0ged0n

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yes. Many folks do that. Just freeing up the exhaust flow from the restrictive stock cat produces the lion's share of the benefit of upgrading your exhaust in this car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes. Many folks do that. Just freeing up the exhaust flow from the restrictive stock cat produces the lion's share of the benefit of upgrading your exhaust in this car.
thanks for the quick reply. i ordered the skunk2 alpha series downpipe and also a k&n typhoon sr intake both should be at my local shop on monday. i will install both of them monday after work and scheduling my free and first oil change from the dealer i got my car from. i will finally reached the 6k miles on my car. i will order the skunk2 RR exhaust once i get the funds hopefully by december. and shortly after that flashpro and a tune by vit. after that ill be happy with the performance meanwhile ill work in upgrading my suspension since i do plan on not only using this car as my daily driver but also being able to take it to the track with my other friends who currently go to the track with their "track cars" any comments, tips, or tricks are welcomed. this is my first car and by no means im an expert on anything so all the info its welcomed thanks :wigglesmiley:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mr wrong, I just finished a downpipe install on my car this morning and just to warn you it may be a lot to take on after work. I spent about 4 hours last nite and 1.5 this morning and I am very mechanically inclined (millwright by trade) However, doing the intake at the same time would make things easier having the cowl off and all. More room to work. Don't be intimidated but you just need patience and it is a pain without a lift.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Take your time with all of it. Be patient. Don't rush anything and expect more time than what you think.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts