61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for all the info everyone!

·
Registered
197 Posts
So no one has had any issues with fitment where it bolts onto the stock exhaust? I installed mine the other day and it makes an annoying buzz/rattle at that location. You can hear it on a cold start and when you accelerate the entire time. I went back today and unbolted it, cleaned it and bolted it back up and still have this issue...thoughts, comments, concerns?

·
Registered
197 Posts
honestly I just went to pepboys and bought whatever one they had on the shelf. No filing or anything was done and its just a normal O2 socket that you would put on a ratchet.

Reactions: GHOSTMONKY

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a question! I am going to a shop tomorrow to install my skunk2 downpipe and I'm wondering how long would they take to install? I have asked skunk2 and they said it will take about 2~3 hours. Can anyone tell me more realistic hours for this? because they will charge me depend on how long it takes... they are kind of professional shop working with civic but I don't think they have done with 9th gen civic yet.

·
Registered
886 Posts
just letting everyone know, they make a "thin walled" o2 socket just for cars like ours so you dont have to go out of yoru way to grind anything.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i ceramic coated mine preinstall, it took me from 9am up until like 5pm(took like 5 trips to the parts store). lol i thought i was gonna get it without taking the cowel off, that heat shield made me cry I had to go to the parts store to buy a o2 sensor then file it down took me an hour just to get the o2 sensor just right. Got that then i got it off, busted my right pinky in the process but then the top left bolt was giving me problems i stripped it a bit cause i couldnt see what i was doing (on 2 jack stands) then i just said f it and took the cowel off. It wasnt too bad, then everything was smooth sailing from there, had to hammer a 12mm socket back on the nut and everything was good!

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
Great DIY.Can I just unplug the sensors then remove them after I take out the stock downpipe?Thanks in advance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
51 Posts
sorry to bring up an old post. I was just wondering anyone able to install the rv6 downpipe without removing the windshield cowl? I forgot which forum or website I read, there was a guy that was able to do it without removing the cowl and it took him about 45 mins for install.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Honestly i'm not sure how that would even be possible. Sure you could get to the bottom two bolts just fine, but I can't picture being able to get the top two nuts on. If you find the answer to your question, will you please PM me with what you find. i'm very interested to see this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
so found the thread where the guy claims to have installed the downpipe without cowl removal and was able to do it in 45 mins. it was on 9th civic dot com /forum/threads/how-to-install-a-rv6-2012-civic-si-bellmouth-downpipe.5727/

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
so found the thread where the guy claims to have installed the downpipe without cowl removal and was able to do it in 45 mins. it was on 9th civic dot com /forum/threads/how-to-install-a-rv6-2012-civic-si-bellmouth-downpipe.5727/
Yea spaghetti arms stretch Armstrong.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
197 Posts
So basically if i'm not friends with stretch armstrong, i'm SOL with my short arms and carnie hands. weak sauce!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had my installed at a tire shop :/ he didn't remove the cowl. Just used a couple of flexible extenders on a socket wrench. Idk details of how he did it but it is definitely possible.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Maybe I will give it a shot when mine comes in then. Did he leave the O2 on until he removed the DP or did he remove the sensor with the DP still installed?
I really don't know. I'm sorry. I just know he was NOT open to the idea of taking the cowl off lol. He didn't mention any frustration with the O2 sensor, just some frustration getting to the top bolts until he found the right tool to use. Wound up taking him 45 mins to an hour total.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was just able to install my dp without removing the cowl. Took about 2 hours without really rushing. The o2 sensor does have to be removed to get the heat shield off which gives access to the 2 top nuts. 75% of the time was taking the factory setup off.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts