9th Gen Civic Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I was just able to install my dp without removing the cowl. Took about 2 hours without really rushing. The o2 sensor does have to be removed to get the heat shield off which gives access to the 2 top nuts. 75% of the time was taking the factory setup off.
Agreed I had to cut off the bolts that connect the catback to the Catylitic converter.The install after that was easy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Spent 2.5 hours installing the downpipe thanks for the tutorial
going under the car and coming back out like 30 times is what slowed me down. Had to look for different sockets and tools lmao... But this DIY helped out a lot! Hardest part for me was getting the old downpipe out. The half that's closer to the exhaust is the easiest, but the part that sits vertical is the harder part. If anyone's struggling with that piece, what I did was flip it upside down, and then wiggle it through the slot next to where the oil filter is. The o2 socket I got didn't need to be sanded down, it fit perfectly. I got the one that looks like a regular socket. Got that for like $6 at harbor freight tools. Started up the car and the exhaust sounds great. Pretty noticable sound difference and I got the high flow cat version too.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I bought a used downpipe with o2 sensors already connectedto it, do I still need to use a filed down o2 sensor socket? Or can I skip thatpart? Is it necessary if I have separate o2 sensors already connected to my newdownpipe?

Or is the socket used only to remove the stock downpipe?

·
I know who U R.
7,994 Posts
I'd use your sensors if they are in working order.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just installed the full race downpipe and this diy made things way easier. The only issue I had was the bolts after the cat. I tried wd-40,impact driver,breaker bar,and blow torch. In the end I had to pull the whole exhaust and use an angle grinder to cut them since I don't have anything that could get in there to cut it. For anyone having rattling issues it's the cross-member halfway down the exhaust. I figured it had a purpose so I went and got 1/4 inch longer bolts and 1/4 inch spacer to lower the cross-member and the rattle is now gone.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts