9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After posted some photos of my LX, some friends are asking about how to install LED light as foglight for LX.
I personally think LED is better than OEM foglight lol, just joking. Heres how to install it.
DSC_0576.jpg
First, you need to get the LED light from wherever you want. If you are in Toronto that means you are lucky xD,
you can get this LED light from Pacific Mall at Kennedy and Steele, one of the most famous mall in Toronto.
If you are not in Toronto, thats ok, you can still get it from ebay or somewhere else.
NEW 4X 30CM for 15 LED Blue Car Truck Motors Flexible Strip Light Waterproof | eBay
(this is the one which is same as mine, but mine is white light.)

After you get the LED light, you need to use 3M double sided tape to put it on the right place, its better to be close to the centre of your front bumper. Because you need to insert wires from that area, by doing this, you don't need to drill wholes on front bumper.
DSC_0578.jpg DSC_0579.jpg

Then its time to get the wires connected. I think you can connect it to your headlight power too, but the problem is that you can't turn it on whenever you drive. If you connect it to daytime running light and you can only use it for daytime, and if you connect it to nighttime light then it can only be turn on at night. So I figured out one way to do it. Connect it to battery power.
DSC_0580.jpg
(Red and white lines, see from trunk)

I tried some times for determine which is possitive and which is negative, you have to make sure that.
DSC_0581.jpg DSC_0582.jpg
See the right top of your trunk, open that black box and connect one inside and another one outside.(On the left of black box.)

Done ! if you have more questions, reply or pm me please :)
Enjoy ! :wigglesmiley:

Attachments

·
Registered
518 Posts
Can you elaborate more on how you hooked it up to your battery?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can you show a pic of them on during the day?

·
Registered
261 Posts
wow thanks that doesn't look too bad! i might try this

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well just bought a set for these on ebay. Came with 4 and I got white. Dont know what to do with the others. Maybe double layer it or trim the bottom of headlight with it

Regardless ill hook them up to the headlights low beam. Will update when I get them in.

2013 civic lx

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok update on the install. Installed my lights on the lower bumper flange and wired them via add-a-circuit. Much cleaner look and more professional in my opinion. The chances of shorting fuses is nearly eliminated whereas copper filings loose in your fuse box is a no go electrical issue.

I first soldered the two leds together with about 3.5ft of wire between them. Power to power ground to ground. Next add about 8 ft of wire to those. Add heat shrink and wire the power to the one u soldered before and so on. Apply heat shrink for waterproofing wrap with tape if necessary. Run the wire under the lower panel under bumper so its hidden and zip tie it on a route up to the battery. Attach a ring connection to the ground wire and apply under bolt on battery or similar. Power goes to the add-a-circuit power tap so just crimp that on there. Pull the headlight fuse for the low beam. I chose the one closest to the front direction because the add-a-circuit fit smoother there. Then follow directions on the add-a-circuit for fuse placement and the fuse cover should fit back on nicely and you can hide extra wire in front side of battery there is a little hole. Make sure you get one for ATM fuses. The low profile fuses dont fit in add-a-circuit so youll need the normal ones for that. Ask if needing pics

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts