·
Registered
189 Posts
Yep twists off... its pretty tight the first time but comes right off

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool ..i just heard that twisting the knob might damage...so i was making sure i wasnt going to do something id regret

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yea it takes some effort, but it comes off. I have a 2012 SI and I replaced my shift knob back in December (I got the Skunk 2 Billet Shift Knob). All I did was screw the new one down since it is threaded, and I didn't use the nut it came with, I like the shorter throw and heavier shiftknob. I hate the stock one lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone replaced the Automatic shift knob? I think it would be a cool effect to have the something like the stock automatic shift knob but make it so that the whole thing was about 4 inches shorter.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is it just me or is $125 for an OEM replacement shift knob outrageous?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea it takes some effort, but it comes off. I have a 2012 SI and I replaced my shift knob back in December (I got the Skunk 2 Billet Shift Knob). All I did was screw the new one down since it is threaded, and I didn't use the nut it came with, I like the shorter throw and heavier shiftknob. I hate the stock one lol
Does that shift knob fit perfectly? Or does it put all the gear numbers at an angle when you tighten it all the way?

·
Registered
101 Posts
2012 Si shift knob removal

Does the shift knob on the 2012 Si just unscrew or is it held on with a set screw (didn't see one)? I tried unscrewing it with moderate pressure as so not to break anything, but it didn't budge. Has anyone removed it? I have a titanium knob from my old '02 RSX-S that I would like to try. I don't want to break anything. Thanks.

·
Boston...we will not forget!!!!
1,246 Posts
I used a strap wrench/oil filter wrench on mine. With a rag wrapped around the knob. You also need to hold the black collar from spinning. The knob tightens against it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I cant believe people are having so much trouble removing it. Maybe I got lucky or something but one day I was stuck on a red light and decided to take it off and it came out really easily lol. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 222 Posts