9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my LED bulbs and decided to installed them.

I wanted to see if the LED are even bright enough for my LIKING before I buy HIDS to put in the fog housing.

They are very easy to installed, I can do it with my eyes closed. I rate this a 1 out of 10 scale from easy to hardest. took me about not even a minute to do one side.

THE ONLY TOOL YOU NEED IS A SCREW DRIVER

The LED bulbs I bought.

1. Unfasten the 1 and only screw on the fog light bezel.

2. Pull the right side of the fog bezel out and it will slide out easy.

3. Unplug the connect from the bulb.

4. Compare bulbs for fun lol

5. Plug in the new bulb.
NO IMAGE(S)
6. Put the left side of the fog light bezel in first and push against bumper.

7. Turn on fogs to check if they are working.
NO IMAGE(S)
AND DONE!!!!

Same concept goes if you replace it with any kind of light bulb

I will get a comparing picture tonight.

Thank you for viewing.

-Tran

·
Read Only
108 Posts
definitely one of the easiest DIYs lol I'd definitely like to see this. Could I request that you post a pic from both facing the car and from the driver's seat to see just how bright it is?

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
I believe it should be way brighter but I would like to see the results as well.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im disappointed. They are weaker than stock but it looks more nice.

And I need to get a pic of inside the car

Imma get hids cus I like them really bright lol

Imma sell these bulbs

·
You Don't know Me!
4,030 Posts
wow, I'm shocked they are weaker than stock. I have other buddies using these led bulbs on older civics and they are brighter than stocks. But I guess it is different with the 9th gen.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, I'm shocked they are weaker than stock. I have other buddies using these led bulbs on older civics and they are brighter than stocks. But I guess it is different with the 9th gen.
hey i have no idea lol. I was pretty shock myself. I was expecting way way way i mean way brighter!

·
Read Only
108 Posts
****, dude...I really was hoping they were going to be brighter than stuck...sucks that you had to spend the money..hopefully someone who won't mind will take them off your hands. let us know which HIDs you're going to go with. I hear the eBay ones, as cheap as they are, are worth the hassle. I just don't know how you are going to accommodate the ballast down there. hopefully if you do go with HID's you can make a DIY on those.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Why does it look like the drivers side fog is brighter than the other ? 0.o

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
im thinking on finding bulbs that puts out that similar color for fogs. everyone nowadays are doing yellow, dont get me wrong yellow is nice and all, but i want to be different. i also want them bright, such a shocker that yours wasn't o_O great write up tho! very thorough! :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only put the led bulb in the passenger side to compare.

I bought eBay hids and always worked for me

I'm going with ddm tuning hid kit. It is lifetime warranty and I bought many kits from them and always will

There us plenty of room behind the bumper to mount the ballast.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
guys, i have said it before and i will say it here again.....LED's are not meant to be used as driving lights not will they ever be bright enough to replace a halogen bulb! reason is the lense on the fogs is not designed for LED's, in order for LED's to shine bright at a distence (like a flashlight for example), you need a specific lense made to focus the light scatter from the LED's into a controlled beam. yes they look better color wise, but thats the extent of their use.

IMHO if you want brighter lights, replace the fog, which i believe is a 9006, with a 9005 bulb. the sockets match up and its a huge difference, i did this on the fogs of my silverado and it was blinding! or, you can go for the extreme and put HID's in your fog lights at light up the world! lol if it was my car, i would use HID fog lights, HID' headlights in a projector housing, and replace the highbeams/DRL with the LED's you bought. with HID low's and fogs you will never need your highs anyways. jsut my 2 cents

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I understand about the led now lol

Imma get hids in headlights and the fogs now. And the fog light bulb doesn't fit the drl I think. The fogs are h11 Nd the drl are what 9005?

·
Registered
21 Posts
correct. Kenny has the ddm 3000k in his fogs but they aren't as yellow is i would want, my plasma ion piaa's look much more yellow and are pretty **** bright.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
correct. Kenny has the ddm 3000k in his fogs but they aren't as yellow is i would want, my plasma ion piaa's look much more yellow and are pretty **** bright.
really, how much are the pia or noyka bulbs, cus i was about to get some 3k hids

·
Registered
296 Posts
gonna be changing mine to yellow! on my 12 si.. so happy how easy it is to replace them compared to my 08 si fa5:p lol!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
gonna be changing mine to yellow! on my 12 si.. so happy how easy it is to replace them compared to my 08 si fa5:p lol!!
yes these fogs are so easy to work with compared to replacing the headlight bulbs. It's so tight trying to get you hand in thier especially on the passenger side. I put sylvania silverstar ultras on my headlights mad a nice white lite look bout to do the same with my fogs!

·
Registered
296 Posts
^im doing the hids tonight lol i know its gonna be though but ill prob access them thru the wheelwells

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Headlight is 9006 and fogs are h11

I put my new bulbs I. In less than 10 minutes maybe because I did it many times already lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts