9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright this requires no pics, and im not sure if it works the same for the 4dr. but on the coupe its very simple.

Step 1: OPEN THE TRUNK!:wigglesmiley:

Step 2: look under the trunk you'll see where the assembly of the bulb is. you'll the grey part of it, just squeeze the sides of it and it should come right out.

Step3: pull out the bulb and replace with LED and test it out and just pop it in!!!!
:icon_wave:

Let me know if you guys require pics, but this shouldnt be hard. i thought it might be able to get done from the outside of the car until i check the underside of the trunk.

Reactions: chrisapollo

·
Registered
189 Posts
Alittle unneed DIY: I think my 2 year old could figure it out......

Best priced LEDs are on ebay there are a few companys out there that sell the same LEDS at over 5x the amount. I use EBAYS and they have lasted for ever. I took the ones out of my truck and put them in this SI and they keep on going

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^i understand its a really easy diy but there are some people that would find this useful thats why i thought i would share it.

as far as LEDs just like jumrray192 said i got mine off ebay also never had issues.

Reactions: Spectrum

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Alright this requires no pics, and im not sure if it works the same for the 4dr. but on the coupe its very simple.

Step 1: OPEN THE TRUNK!:wigglesmiley:

Step 2: look under the trunk you'll see where the assembly of the bulb is. you'll the grey part of it, just squeeze the sides of it and it should come right out.

Step3: pull out the bulb and replace with LED and test it out and just pop it in!!!!
:icon_wave:

Let me know if you guys require pics, but this shouldnt be hard. i thought it might be able to get done from the outside of the car until i check the underside of the trunk.
do you have before/after pics just to compare the lighting?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt take any pics but its a huge difference its really nice, its jst like the ones lexus and bmw and stuff

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Why would you want the police to able to read your plate any better than they can with normal halogens? Where I live, its a SIN to even clean your license plate let alone firgure out how to make it more visible to the police. NO WAY.

Reactions: nano209

·
Registered
22 Posts
^i understand its a really easy diy but there are some people that would find this useful thats why i thought i would share it.

as far as LEDs just like jumrray192 said i got mine off ebay also never had issues.

you mind sharing a link or name of these bulbs? u say this works 12 si coupe?

i'd order if I knew which to order :p

·
2014 January FB2/FB6 ROTM
1,937 Posts
why would you want the police to able to read your plate any better than they can with normal halogens? Where i live, its a sin to even clean your license plate let alone firgure out how to make it more visible to the police. No way.
lol...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would also like to know the name of the bulb(s).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Why would you want the police to able to read your plate any better than they can with normal halogens? Where I live, its a SIN to even clean your license plate let alone firgure out how to make it more visible to the police. NO WAY.
Yes make the officers job as hard as possible, because police work is not hard enough.

Walk a mile in a Police Officers boots.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the police want to get your plate number, they will get it. Also, unless you have some major unpaid fines or the car is stolen, they will have no need to pull you over. I think the lights look much better and more luxurious!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts