9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it is....

This step takes a while sometimes:

When it loads you have to click on the center button.

This comes up if you have an image in the space already.

·
Registered
108 Posts
what file types are compatible? I'm sure JPEG is one of them but what about PNG?

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah I figured it needed to be put on the root of a flash drive...thanks for that confirmation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My "Import Wallpaper" option is greyed out and not available. The file is JPEG, the correct aspect ratio and is in the root of the usb drive. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The same thing happened to me. When I checked my USB drive I found it was formatted NTFS. When I formatted it FAT32 and put the same files on it, I could import them. Looks like i-mid only recognizes FAT32.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My "Import Wallpaper" option is greyed out and not available. The file is JPEG, the correct aspect ratio and is in the root of the usb drive. Any ideas as to what is wrong?
I had the same problem, the import wallpaper option was greyed out. When I checked the USB drive on my computer I noticed it was formatted as NTFS. I formatted the USB drive FAT32 and put the same files on it and this time I was able to import the wallpaper. Looks like i-mid only accepts FAT32.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
I did the whole thing. Imported an image which showed up on screen. When I went to select the image to display, nothing happened.

Does this feature work on all 2012 Civics? I have an LX.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
I did the whole thing. Imported an image which showed up on screen. When I went to select the image to display, nothing happened.

Does this feature work on all 2012 Civics? I have an LX.
Never mind. In all the threads on this subject, none of them say that you need to press the 'i' button, and follow along, to display wallpaper. I figured it out completely by accident.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After uploading an image is there any way to get it to show up as the car starts as the splash screen? Since I have a Si it shows a red Si logo. Just curious if anyone has figured out how to switch that out to another wallpaper.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? Or did anyone ever get back to you on this? I'm having the same issue...
If you are talking to me, then yes I did figure it out.

Follow the directions in post #1, and then post #15.

·
H2O in hydrant - K9P out
2,169 Posts
nominate for DIY forum
Okay.....heard. Will sticky this too. We are in the process of adding more sub categories and better organizing our DIY section.

BTW: I configure my image size to 234 pixels X 480 pixels
I find that this smaller size allows the image to upload faster. I can now quickly change from one image to another at a red light. Also, the image quality is not compromised by making it this small.

The only question I have is: Is this the optimal small screen size? I don't want to waste any part of the screen not being filled up if you know what I mean. It seems there may be a small strip of black beside the image. I am wondering if that is because the image is not perfectly fitted or if it's because there are no pixels that light up that far to the side of the screen.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,108 Posts
I just wanna say that I am so happy to have stumbled upon the imid wallpaper threads. I've been uploading pictures of wife, and shuffling through them as it strikes me. I keep a flash drive in the center compartment with all the pics I want because the imid system only holds 3 at a time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts