9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently started selling the SiriMoto short shift adapter for the 9th Gen Civics and have gotten great feed-back from the community. Offering the best throw reduction for the $, the SiriMoto adapter also offers a unique bushing that no other manufacturer provides.

So with no further ado, here are some videos that can help guide you through the process:

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has any feedback on these. I'm also curious why ProCivic would want to compete with the other manufacturer that makes literally the best SSK I've ever used..... I'm guessing this is more comparable to the buddyclub SSK but for a better price?

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious if anyone has any feedback on these. I'm also curious why ProCivic would want to compete with the other manufacturer that makes literally the best SSK I've ever used..... I'm guessing this is more comparable to the buddyclub SSK but for a better price?
We can't speak directly for the customers that have installed the short shifter and given us feedback, but they have all been extremely happy with the performance it provides. In the second video, Jason and his installer test drove it and seemed to be very pleased with the results (skip to ~9:25).

We weren't necessarily looking to directly compete with other manufactures, like you mentioned there are many options available on the market and they each have their pro's and con's (whether it be durability/quality/price/etc.). We saw that we could produce a quality short shift adapter that provides the best throw reduction at an affordable price, even when compared to the Buddy Club short shifter assembly.

In addition to this, the shift lever ball end bushing played a key role as we saw that the OEM blue bushing was soft and we have heard of them breaking in some cases. We have also heard of customers losing the OEM blue bushing during installation of other short shifters, and as you can see in the videos it's a very straight forward install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you need to replace the clutch line when doing this install? Or can you just get the short shifter and leave the clutch line as is?

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you need to replace the clutch line when doing this install? Or can you just get the short shifter and leave the clutch line as is?
You do not need to purchase the clutch line for this short shifter. We provide the clutch line as an option because it helps to enhance the overall shifting experience.

·
Registered
47 Posts
will this help me stiffen my shifter or just shorten the throws? I cannot stand the sloppiness of my stock shifter, it wobbles so much in and out of gear and has more play than I'd like it to. Is this something that'll aid that, or does it only shorten the throws?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have done this. Shifts don't feel a whole lot shorter, but it all feels tighter. For like a hundred bucks id say its worth it.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts