9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Great video! For some reason YouTube wouldn't let me comment on it. Where do you dispose of old coolant? The auto parts stores won't take it around here.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great video! For some reason YouTube wouldn't let me comment on it. Where do you dispose of old coolant? The auto parts stores won't take it around here.
Weird. Comments are not disabled...

Some stores don't take coolant, some stores don't take any fluids, some stores will happily take everything. Call around and ask.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the video! I have a 2015 SI and can't seem to get the system bled enough for the new thermostat to open. Car running, heater on, funnel just like you had, squeezed the lines to get the air out about 10 times. Ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thanks for the video! I have a 2015 SI and can't seem to get the system bled enough for the new thermostat to open. Car running, heater on, funnel just like you had, squeezed the lines to get the air out about 10 times. Ideas? Thanks
I seen a video once where they keep the front of the car jacked up, to aid in the bubbles going towards the fill point. I've not done it this way intentionally in the past, but next time I will. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
940 Posts
How long did you let the car run? When it's cold out it can take a long time for the car to get up to temp at idle.
You can give it some light throttle to get the temp up a little quicker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It can take a while for the thermostat to open, especially with the heater on and hood opened.
Get a scantool and watch the coolant temp, once it reaches 188-190 degrees and no more bubbles, you're done bleeding.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seen a video once where they keep the front of the car jacked up, to aid in the bubbles going towards the fill point. I've not done it this way intentionally in the past, but next time I will. Let us know how it goes.
I recommend doing that if possible, helps with bleeding.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another option for those having issues bleeding is to get a vacuum bleeder kit. Basically you pull a vacuum on the whole system, then let coolant in. There are tons of places making them, just check Amazon for reviews/etc, but pretty much any of them will work if you have an air compressor. I wouldn't go back to the old way after doing it this way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts