9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Depending on which type of ballast you have, some may include a mounting bracket where as others are equipped with double sided tape or nothing at all. I don't like the idea of the double sided tape ballasts or ballasts that just sit in the engine bay. I made sure to purchase a ballast that would be able to be placed on a bracket. DDM Tuning offers a mounting bracket for their Raptor ballasts.

I wanted the ballasts out of the way and out of the engine bay. I took the bumper off to find there's not many places to mount a ballast other than drilling. After testing out different strategies, I found a great place. Under each headlight is a black bracket with some exposed thread from a nut. I placed my brackets on those nuts and bolted them on tight (I'm unsure of the size of the bolts, luckily I had two laying around that fit). I then fed all wires under the headlight. The end result looks clean with everyting tucked out of the way.

Driver's Side:

Passenger's Side:

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job...thanks for the pictures.

Did you have to pull out the headlights to get to the bulbs?
Thank you, pictures always help. I did not have to take the headlights out in order to reach the bulbs. On the driver's side remove the cover of the air intake duct (2 holding clips and 1 tab) and its upper part (just pull it out). I also found it easier to pull the battery out as well. This will give you plenty of room to move around. (Note: The previous method is for 1.8l engines. The 2.4l engine's air intake duct cover is slightly different. There's 3 holding clips that must be removed and then the cover can be pulled out. There are no tabs.) On the passenger's side remove the upper part of the windshield washer reservoir (1 holding clip, use a flat-tip screwdriver to pop it up). Unfortnately that's all that can be removed from the passenger's side so space is limited and will not be as open as the driver's side. Just have patience.

·
Registered
33 Posts
cclean. I didn't remove my bumper so I have my HID's in one spot where it won't move. i Screwed it on the frame clean btw where you get the yellow bulbs at and what brand?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks very clean.....I have a hid kit from another car I.had do u know if h4 light bulb will fit da head light says hb4 so I'm not sure..please help asap.

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
khamchowder said:
cclean. I didn't remove my bumper so I have my HID's in one spot where it won't move. i Screwed it on the frame clean btw where you get the yellow bulbs at and what brand?
Thank you. My yellow HB3s and H11s are Nokyas which I bought off Amazon.com.

SO.CAL.CIVIC said:
Looks very clean.....I have a hid kit from another car I.had do u know if h4 light bulb will fit da head light says hb4 so I'm not sure..please help asap.
Thank you. H4 bulbs are different than HB4s, therefore they will not fit. HB4 = 9006.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I bought a kit from DDM Tuning as well, but one of the ballasts went out. I think it's because, or what I've been told is that the sudden change of temperature can really affect it. I installed them in winter when it was around 20-30 degrees and now it's summer with temps up to 80-90. Anyway I'm too impatient to send the kit back to them and wait for them to ship it back to me because of the lifetime warranty. I also wanted to upgrade to the 55W since I was satisfied with the 35W but I wanted the brighter ones. Also did you get the Raptor kit or the DDM tuning one? Thanks!

·
I Like Grits
9,655 Posts
Depending on which type of ballast you have, some may include a mounting bracket where as others are equipped with double sided tape or nothing at all. I don't like the idea of the double sided tape ballasts or ballasts that just sit in the engine bay. I made sure to purchase a ballast that would be able to be placed on a bracket. DDM Tuning offers a mounting bracket for their Raptor ballasts.

I wanted the ballasts out of the way and out of the engine bay. I took the bumper off to find there's not many places to mount a ballast other than drilling. After testing out different strategies, I found a great place. Under each headlight is a black bracket with some exposed thread from a nut. I placed my brackets on those nuts and bolted them on tight (I'm unsure of the size of the bolts, luckily I had two laying around that fit). I then fed all wires under the headlight. The end result looks clean with everyting tucked out of the way.

Driver's Side:

Passenger's Side:

thank u chris!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts