9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed out my trunk light for an LED light. Very easy should not take longer than a minute.

1. I opened the trunk and push down the back seat to I can go though the back seat and into the truck. The only reason I did that is so the trunk light won't be on. I was not too sure if it was safe for the light to be on or not so I rather be safe than sorry.
Black Vehicle door Sky Vehicle Car

2.I stuck my figure though the gap on the side where the bulb lens is to push in the clip to release one side and then fully pull the lens off.
Vehicle door Red Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Red Vehicle door Automotive exterior Door Wood
Lighting Automotive lighting Ceiling Automotive exterior Glass

3. Pull out the bulb. It might be a light tight don't worry just give it an extra tug.
Red Light Ceiling Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

4. Then just install your LED bulb in and your good to go. First time I put it on backwards so just open the trunk to check. If so just pull it out and flip it.
Automotive lighting Vehicle door Automotive exterior Auto part Headlamp Light Lighting Ceiling Sky Cloud

5. Put everything back into place and now you just installed your LED trunk light!

Again very easy to install just make sure you have a flashlight or a phone light i did to give you light while your in the trunk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts