Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Don't give a rats fat nipple

Votes: 3 4.8%
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Park, place in neutral, engage emergency brake, turn off engine, place car in gear, or just the use of emergency brake, could also depend if on incline or not.:eek3dancesmiley:

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,769 Posts
I stop, put into 1, put on e-brake, shut off, disengage clutch.

Can leave it out of gear if on a flat but I've seen my bros Prelude drive itself across a parking lot, even when on a relatively flat surface.

·
Registered
848 Posts

Can leave it out of gear if on a flat but I've seen my bros Prelude drive itself across a parking lot, even when on a relatively flat surface.
I do exactly the same procedure.

·
Registered
302 Posts
+1 to that

·
Registered
641 Posts
Oh boy. I leave my car out of gear and pull e brake. I better start practicing leaving it in gear, but I know people who do it both ways and have never had any issues.

Sorry to hear about those kplayground emblems I would pissed!!!! Im glad I didn't order from them. $100 and then to have them not show up and they are ignoring emails. Poor customer service.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Reverse is a bit better because its geared so low that it will create more resistance than first

·
Registered
597 Posts
Always put into gear. This is especially true when you have a rear DISC as an e-brake.

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Actually I have a very steep driveway and just went out there and tested the reverse gear theory and 1st gear definately holds the strongest. 6th gear and reverse both spun the engine over. First did not.

·
Registered
105 Posts
oh crap..i never put it into gear when i park it. TIL it is better to put your car into gear when parking with a manual.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
You're a fool if you don't put it in gear with the parking brake up.

My second 2012 Si was on a SLIGHT incline, and I ran into my office to grab something with it idling, with just the parking brake on. Good thing I turned around to take a look at the gorgeous car, because it was rolling backward. If I hadn't looked, it would have rolled into several other parked cars.

And the brake was definitely fully engaged. I will never take a chance again. Never had a car do that before - leave it to my luck with Hondas.

·
Registered
164 Posts
When I park the car in the driveway at home I normally just do the e-brake especially when im on morning shift cant even remember how many times I poped the clutch forgetting it was still in gear when starting the car.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts