9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm noob here so don't annoy about me and help me with the rules of the forum if you want to.
So, I own a 2007 Si and i'm getting a 2012 used Si with 20.000 Km(about 13k miles) and it has Hondas warranty and the problem is that i would like to give service to the engine in the dealer (Honda) because here in Mexico is the best option. Im worried about it because the first thing im planning to install is a Short Ram Intake but i dont know if a sri will avoid honda warranty. Am i going to be able to take it to honda to give it service even if i install a SRI?
Thanks and yeah, i read something about installing non honda parts in the forum but i haven't seen something specific about an intake.

·
Registered
571 Posts
There isn't a lot of purpose in installing an aftermarket intake unless you are going to also purchase a FlashPro and have the car tuned. Just an intake without a tune will get you little to no gains and has a chance of even making the car run worse or lose power.

That said I don't think they can totally void your warranty just for that. Maybe if you somehow burn up a component that is part of the intake system, such as the MAF sensor, but otherwise it won't affect much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay men. I liked your opinion. The reason why i asked this is because i love how vtec sounds and i have been in a 9th gen si without an intake and you can't hear it as it has to be

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Hi everyone, i'm noob here so don't annoy about me and help me with the rules of the forum if you want to.
So, I own a 2007 Si and i'm getting a 2012 used Si with 20.000 Km(about 13k miles) and it has Hondas warranty and the problem is that i would like to give service to the engine in the dealer (Honda) because here in Mexico is the best option. Im worried about it because the first thing im planning to install is a Short Ram Intake but i dont know if a sri will avoid honda warranty. Am i going to be able to take it to honda to give it service even if i install a SRI?
Thanks and yeah, i read something about installing non honda parts in the forum but i haven't seen something specific about an intake.
Where in Mexico?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
44 Posts
Technically as long as the installed part doesn't directly affect the malfunctioning part then you're safe. Like if you get an intake and your brake stop working then they have to fix it. Don't think that was a good example but hopefully you get the idea.
^^this! It has to be related. Another example, if you have an aftermarket exhaust and Sri and your radio malfunctions then it will be covered as its not related! Gotta be careful tho because if you have a Sri and the motor blows that can be considered related as it affects the airflow into the engine!

·
Registered
152 Posts
any mod done to your car will affect the warranty. especially if you have bumper to bumper. flashpro is something you can get away with though because you can flash it back to stock

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Other than Dwils,I don't think anyone caught wind of this.but he's in Mexico with a mexican car.there isn't the M&M act there.
The stipulations are different.I was there recently looking to buy a CITY,but I may just buy a Renault Clio instead.

The game is a bit different there regarding warranty and what not.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Other than Dwils,I don't think anyone caught wind of this.but he's in Mexico with a mexican car.there isn't the M&M act there.
The stipulations are different.I was there recently looking to buy a CITY,but I may just buy a Renault Clio instead.

I caught that after I posted lol, I think I really only read the title.

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts

I thought you caught it because you asked where in Mexico he was. And how weird because I was just oggling the City on the Mexican Honda website too! And $219000MXN is $16881.09USD in case you hadn't done the price conversion yet.

sent from my mobile communications device

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
I thought you caught it because you asked where in Mexico he was. And how weird because I was just oggling the City on the Mexican Honda website too! And $219000MXN is $16881.09USD in case you hadn't done the price conversion yet.

sent from my mobile communications device
Yup,I seen the mugen city and it looks dope.however the Renault Clio rs 197 will eat a si for breakfast.
And for only 4-7 grand why not right.?itll give me a cool beater when I'm around town.
As far as the dollar amount we pay,the beauty is you can choose what you pay depending on the conversion rate.
It's best to buy early in the am when the exchange rate is in our favor.it would make an enormous difference.
But anywho ,I would need to know what state he's in.stipulations vary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts