9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Green Opal 2013 HCH with the EX/L trim with Navi. I am so glad I got the Navi. My Smartphone pairs with the Navi so I can get my client calls in the car. I can also look up a recent history of calls that I got or made, and I can touch the Navi screen to call them! This is in addition to the car being fast and comfortable. This is my 5th Honda Civic and my second HCH. All I have ever had were Honda Civics. I have had this car just over 2 months and I already have 2138 miles on it. I am so glad I waited for the 13. This feels like a luxury car and also looks so sharp. I am not that excited by the van type wipers, but they do a decent job. I love the car. I guess you figured that out. I am in the Philly area and I have not seen another HCH of any of the 6 colors. I know a dealer in the 'Burbs who has a Green Opal, but it doesn't have the Navi. That knob is not near as nice to look at as the Navi is. Maybe, that is why they haven't sold it yet.

I have not constantly used the Navi, but it has rescued me from being lost several times. I was told that I wasted money on it, but being lost is a safety issue, so I am glad I have it as my backup.

Anybody else out there with a nice 13 HCH?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Barry. What color is your HCH? Do you have it equipped with more than just the base model? Today, my husband was with me and he overrode what the Navi was telling me to do. We were going in NJ in an area that he only partly knew. I got 46.9 mpg on the way back home after getting gas in Bordentown, NJ! Very cool for a car rated at 44 mpg city or Highway! I listened to the salesman and have left the Econ button on the whole time. I can't imagine how good the mpgs will be in the summertime!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to get gas in Bordentown, NJ because my indicator went off for the first time, telling me that my car was low on fuel. At least, I now know that works. I thought the gas tank held 13.2 gallons and I only took 10.493. I guess the range of fuel left must have been more than 39 miles. Nice feature letting you know to hurry up and get gas. We went to the Exxon on Route 206, since I didn't want to put Delta or Sunoco gas in my less than 3 month old car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know that there are lots of dealers around with base models and ones with just leather or just Navi. I also noticed that pretty much the Green Opals are NOT on the East Coast. I was lucky to get my car when I did. I would not have had another chance to get a fully equipped Green Opal 13. It is a nice car. Barry, I think you will enjoy riding it as much as I do!

·
Bluestar's winch!!
8,762 Posts
I had to get gas in Bordentown, NJ because my indicator went off for the first time, telling me that my car was low on fuel. At least, I now know that works. I thought the gas tank held 13.2 gallons and I only took 10.493. I guess the range of fuel left must have been more than 39 miles. Nice feature letting you know to hurry up and get gas. We went to the Exxon on Route 206, since I didn't want to put Delta or Sunoco gas in my less than 3 month old car.
Typical for all the Civics. Even with the 13 gallon tank, you have to drive a while after the light goes out to get much more than 10.5- 11 gallons in the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So far I love it!

I picked my car up on 5/4/13 and now have 1100 miles on it.
When I went to PA I got 41 MPG and I really did not try, did not use ECON button.

I plan to go to NJ "West Paterson" this coming Monday & will use the "ECON" button to see the difference.

My car is "Black" with gray leather & Navigation.

I just installed splash guards myself today & waiting for window vents & lighted "Civic" door sills to come in. I also ordered winter mats "fitted tray" kind.
Last thing I'm doing is tinting the windows and I will be done. I leased my car "First time" ever after owning 27 new cars. Figure this will be better for me so I stick with 1 car LOL.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Gratz on yer new hybrids!!

·
Aluminium Member
2,080 Posts
Congrats and welcome guys.
Thanks for buying a Civic hybrid and not a Prius...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I gotta say, the 2013 Civic Hybrid is sharp. Those taillights are really standout. If I had a 2013 sedan I'd be doing a swap as soon as I could get my hands on a set of hybrid taillights.

Honestly, I might be the minority of a car enthusiast here, but I can appreciate driving ANY vehicle - base level to highest trim, cheap to expensive, slow to fast. I drove last gen's Civic Hybrid and I was really impressed with it (I almost bought it, but got a crazy good deal on an EX-L w/ navi...a decision I to this day regret, as I suspect I'd still be in the Hybrid).

There's a potential I have to relocate out west, and the idea of a stick shift in California driving sounds like a three hour version of hell. A Civic Hybrid is at the top of my list. I thought about the Prius C, but can't handle the interior of it. Given I regularly average high 30s in my Si on the highway, I would love seeing how much I could milk out of a hybrid!

You guys should definitely post some pictures of your cars. I'd love to see them.

The only thing I can think that I'd want on the Hybrid is a black interior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got mine this past Sunday! (5/19/13)
Got the grey version with the leather seats. I completely agree about the lacking darker interior but so far I'm enjoying it over the Fiesta I just traded it in for :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am glad to see that more folks have gotten the 13 HCH. I have had the car less than 3 months and I think I may get to 2700 miles tomorrow! My Green Opal is more like a Chameleon than a green. I can see at least 3 colors in it, and I had someone say they could also see purple. Well, there has to be more than one color, because it is a metallic paint.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Favorite CITGO station.jpg This is where I usually get gas for my 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid! I have sometimes gotten more than the 44 mpg rated on the car. That makes me so happy. The car is so comfy with the leather seats and it is wonderful for me to connect with clients when my cell phone is set on to pair with the car. The limiting thing with that is that the wifi and bluetooth eat up my data plan. I have 2858 miles on my car and it will be 3 months old on June 2. I am so glad I bought this car. Yes, I have sometimes used the Navi. It can make travel an adventure. It is sometimes good and sometimes bad! LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Barry,

Greeting from Singapore. Congrats on your new ride.

Had a test drive here early June & like the Hybrid a lot.

Made a deposit on the same day & hopefully, getting the new car before end June.

Very limited info on this Civic as compared to the 8th (am currently on 8th, non-hybrid).

Hope can learn more from here.

Cheers!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still love how my 13 HCH rides. It seems like I am almost consistently getting over 40 mpg, and once in a while, will get 45-46 mpg, even though it is rated for 44. Not a bad thing. I am so glad I bought this car!

I am just wondering when I should get the first oil & lube. My salesman told me around 15% oil life, but I think that is too much mileage. I have over 3700 miles now, and will soon be at 50% oil life. It seems like it drops 10% every 800 miles. I would like to get the oil & lube done soon, as the fresh oil makes the idling sound better. I was doing it every 4K or 4 months on my 2005, and I know my buyer liked how it rode. I took good care of that car. That's why at 83871 miles, it still was a nice ride!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Coppercuckoo

Are u babying the car to get this kind of mpg?
I drive fast & don't baby @ all and most I get all city driving is 37 mpg.
Best I've got highway is 40 mpg and I have almost 3000 miles on car now.
I fill up every two weeks & last 2 weeks I tryed it with Econ button. Boy I hate the car with this on & all I got was apprx 20 miles more per tank.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts