9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Barry, I got 47.9 mpg with the Econ button on today! Yeah, there were a few slow drivers, but I am a tad bit of a leadfoot. I am so pleased getting such numbers. When I got gas on Thursday at my usual Citgo, I had 5 miles left on the Range and took 11.32 gallons for a tank that had 472.3 miles on it. That averaged 41,72 mpg. So, I guess Honda is accurate that the tank holds 13.2 gallons. Not bad for a car that will be 4 months old on Tuesday! I am so pleased with the car. Of course, I have not used the AC yet, and I am afraid what that will do to the mpg. I didn't use the AC much in my last HCH. My car just begs to go places! You dressed yours up pretty good!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Barry, someone just posted that they were getting in the low 30 mpg range ad didn't like the 13 HCH at all. They were in the Boston area.. I am completely shocked by this, as my weekend mpgs dropped to 44.4 mpg as of when I got home today. That was SUPER yesterday! I am not using the AC. On my last HCH, I lost close to 10 mpg when I used the AC. It sounds like this car will be the same way. Now, when it isn't super hot, I turn the non-blowing AC on and there is no effect on mog. I have been keeping the window open, and when I have company, two windows. It gets pretty windy in the car like that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Tuesday is 4 months and I still love my 13 HCH. It feels like a dream come true. The seats in leather are so comfy and the car rides nicely. I am not so sure I should wait till close to 8K miles to get the first oil and lube. I wanted to do it by now, but my car salesman is telling me to wait several more months. I think twice yearly oil & lubes is pushing it, like waiting too long. I do almost all City driving. On my last HCH, I was advised to do oil and lubes every 4 moths or 4K miles. I did that! The car ran very smoothly even after I sold and turned it over to my buyer at 83871 miles on March 2. I babied that car, like I did my prior Honda Civics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
got my white '13 hch on 6/16, i now have 1600 miles on it as of today! 100+ round trip mile commute with 4 people total in the car, 5 days a week. I'm consistently getting 45+ mpg so far, this is with full AC on all the time, i never use the ECON button...does not have enough power to use it with 4 people in the car haha.

I love how quiet the car is and how great all the integrated features are. I plan on dropping it, putting some SI wheels on there, and getting some window visors in the next month. I've already tinted the entire car, minus the front window of course.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love how quiet the car is and how great all the integrated features are. I plan on dropping it, putting some SI wheels on there, and getting some window visors in the next month. I've already tinted the entire car, minus the front window of course.
Welcome & nice to have another hybrid owner. Best of luck with your car!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Phanwerkz. There are some days I drive close to 100 miles, but not that often. I have over 4200 miles in my car, and am not quite averaging 1000 miles a month. Today, as an example of getting decent mileage from the car, I averages 44.9 mpg. Of course, that is on a Saturday. There was traffic, but not as much as during the week. I did really well on Wednesday. I think I was getting well over 45 mpg at one point. My tank is at about 43 right now. I filled up on Tuesday and figured my average mpg for that tank for over 42 mpg. I love how my car rides. I can't believe somebody who knows their hybrids would hate it, like that guy I wrote about before. I knew what to expect, because this is my second HCH. So, after having the other one almost 8 years before i sold it, I obviously have a lot more experience with hybrid driving than most people. I am thrilled with the pep. I am not a racer, so this is just fine for me. Yes, I do leave the Econ button on all of the time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi coppercuckoo;

Thank you for sharing your experience on this Civic Hybrid. I notice that there is very limited info from my own country, for the 9th Gen Civic, even rarer for the hybrid per se.

Being newbie on this Honda civic hybrid, I'd like to share some of my observation.

1. If I try to "baby-sit" this hybrid to achieve a "better" mpg reading, it seems quite trying.

2. However, when I treat it like a normal car & just drive it like a non-hybrid (like my previous 8th Gen Civic 1.8), I notice a better mpg just come naturally. It seems that the "system" just take care of the portion on "fuel-efficiency" (with the ECON selected ON all this while). I'm getting about 43mpg on average, and this mpg is still improving slowly by the days.

This bring me to an article that I'd read previously, saying Honda design this hybrid as "...Civic first, hybrid second...".

Anyway, I'm still in the "run-in" phase, just logging the 1st 1,000km. Will see how it goes after this servicing.

But, over-all, I'm happy, as the hybrid "range" has allowed my petrol/gas fill-up to "stretch" to once every 2-weeks, instead of previous weekly fill-up, covering the same distance & routine, as that compare with using my previous ride.

In fact, this allows me to run addition trips on the same tank of petrol/gas, which I did not do so on my previous ride, without the worry of having to fill-up the petrol/gas in mid-week. Amazing!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Got a hybrid as a loaner from the dealership when my SI had to go in to get buffed. Mileage was impressive even when I drive it like a little hybrid racecar. I did like it a whole lot but what I hated on it and every other civic is the suspension. Makes me so sick its so bouncy on bad roads which we seem to have alot of around here.

But a great car none the less.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi friends. I am chomping at the bit to get my first oil & lube. I would love to have a deal where there is a combo price with the tire rotation. I am sure that by late August, i want to get both done. I would have done it by the end of this month, but I won't quite have 5K miles by then. Burns Honda had a very cheap price for a combo deal by the end of this month. Oh well. I may wind up taking my car two places to get both services done, just because dealers charge so much for tire rotations. When it comes to the point where I need tires, I will go to Goodyear. Tire rotations are included in the purchase price! I now have over 4400 miles, so that service stuff is on my mind. Incidentally, my mileage during the week tailed off a bit. It must be the intense heat. I did, however, get 44.3 mpg for today's trip! I am not unhappy about that. I do keep the front two windows open and don't use AC. Yes, it is definitely comfortable while the car is moving. Not so much, otherwise!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone. I am the proud new owner of a 2013 HCH and loving it so far. My 2004 Civic served me for many years with over 235,00 trouble free miles averaging around 36 mpg most of the time. I drive around 125-150 miles a day on the 2013 HCH and am getting well over 50 mpg so far. (very flat roads, light traffic, cooler weather are helping out). Very quiet ride and long tank range has been some pluses for me as well as the nice controls on steering wheel.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
Hello everyone. I am the proud new owner of a 2013 HCH and loving it so far. My 2004 Civic served me for many years with over 235,00 trouble free miles averaging around 36 mpg most of the time. I drive around 125-150 miles a day on the 2013 HCH and am getting well over 50 mpg so far. (very flat roads, light traffic, cooler weather are helping out). Very quiet ride and long tank range has been some pluses for me as well as the nice controls on steering wheel.
Good to hear.welcome

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
even though i dont own a hybrid i have converted my rear end into a hybrid its sick(taillights and spoiler)!! hoping to mod my side mirrors to 2012 hyrbid, just hard trying to scoring cheap ones.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
looking to get a car to travel 140miles a day (5) days a week on the interstate highway 97% of the trip at posted speed of 70mph. Ive been pre approved for a car and I want to compare the 2013 civic hybrid or 2013 Civic standard motor. long term which would hold up best to that kind of daily mileage

·
I Need A Vacation
13,261 Posts
looking to get a car to travel 140miles a day (5) days a week on the interstate highway 97% of the trip at posted speed of 70mph. Ive been pre approved for a car and I want to compare the 2013 civic hybrid or 2013 Civic standard motor. long term which would hold up best to that kind of daily mileage
If your asking my opinion I'd say the R18. The hybrid gets good mileage but for longevity I would take an R18 hands down. Not long ago a guy posted on the forum that he hit 200K on his R18 with basic maintenance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm a little late. I just got a 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid, leather, no navi. I love it so far. Are there any performance upgrades I can do? I mainly got the hybrid for the mpg. Looking to see if I can make some upgrades to increase the mpg even more.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts