9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this works with certain androids. But does anyone have a iPhone connected throughout bluetooth audio showing the actually song information?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I don't think it works with iPhone and Android? I am able to make it displaying info with Windows Phone 7/7.5.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Only Windows Phone will show the song information over Bluetooth. Use the USB for full song info.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I know you can do it via usb. But I saw the CNET Civic Si review and he had it working fine with his android device... I was wondering if the iPhone was capable...

·
Registered
597 Posts
Just seen the video but there seems no option to change bluetooth display screen. So it depends on the phone, probably.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just checked and I OS5.0 supports the latest bluetooth audio standard that sends the song information over Bluetooth so it has to be an issue on what the IMID officially supports.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/06/09/ios-5-devices-now-transmit-albumtrackartist-data-to-a-bluetooth-audio-devices/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: 9To5Mac-MacAllDay (9 to 5 Mac - Apple Intelligence)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Doesn't work with the iPhone:( the only way i know to display audio info on the imid is via USB. If someone can get Bluetooth to display info on the imid please post instructions!!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
The iPhone supports it but the Imid and the IPhone together doesn't seem compatible with this feature. I am going to contact Honda and let you know what i find out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I contacted American Honda today. They told me that no phones can do this. I laughed and told the lady on the phone I'm currently watching a video on youtube that shows it working on a Android. She told me the system was modded. WTF??? ITS THE CNET REVIEW ON THE 2012 CIVIC SI??? This women had no idea what she was talking about. We really need to get to the bottom of this now that I know its possible..

·
Registered
597 Posts
In fact I was able to make a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket (Android 2.3.5) to display song titles over bluetooth today. But I cannot make a rooted Inspire 4G to display anything other than the phone name (also Android 2.3.5)...So seems like it is phone dependent.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I phoned Honda Canada customer relations today. They put me in touch with the group that makes the Bluetooth hands free link software used in the 2012 Civic. The gentlemen informed me that they have been getting a lot of calls regarding Bluetooth audio song information not showing up on the display using the IPhone. He informed me with the IPhone being the most popular smartphone out there that they are working on an update for 2012 to add this functionality and that they have been speaking to Apple regarding this issue.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I phoned Honda Canada customer relations today. They put me in touch with the group that makes the Bluetooth hands free link software used in the 2012 Civic. The gentlemen informed me that they have been getting a lot of calls regarding Bluetooth audio song information not showing up on the display using the IPhone. He informed me with the IPhone being the most popular smartphone out there that they are working on an update for 2012 to add this functionality and that they have been speaking to Apple regarding this issue.

Thanks for sharing this info! Who is going to release an update, Apple to the iPhone or Honda to the Civic?

·
Registered
761 Posts

Awesome, awesome....hope it happens!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts