9th Gen Civic Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I phoned Honda Canada customer relations today. They put me in touch with the group that makes the Bluetooth hands free link software used in the 2012 Civic. The gentlemen informed me that they have been getting a lot of calls regarding Bluetooth audio song information not showing up on the display using the IPhone. He informed me with the IPhone being the most popular smartphone out there that they are working on an update for 2012 to add this functionality and that they have been speaking to Apple regarding this issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was able to get my Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S2 to also display song information from the Google music app and from the native music app. I am rooted running CM7 on 2.3.7. I tried running Pandora and Spotify as well and neither would show song information.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
42 Posts
When we say song information, is "Album Art" included? Or just title/artist/album-name?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket also with Google Music, but I've not paid attention to whether the title/artist/album-name shows up, but the album art certainly doesn't.

I was able to get my Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S2 to also display song information from the Google music app and from the native music app. I am rooted running CM7 on 2.3.7. I tried running Pandora and Spotify as well and neither would show song information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i own 2012 civic ex-l navi. the high end model. 7 months now. first thing you check the hads free link canada. then check the the honda section. you can have all the answers there.honda bluetooth working with certain phones. read this ! all functions compatible phones only,( iphones 4 or 4s no song details)

nokia- n8 all works
sony ericsson -cedar all works
only samsung i9100 galaxy sii -all works
nokia lumia -900 all works
i mean all functions works

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any news on the software update? I just purchased a 2012 Si and noticed the same thing. Paired my iphone and no audio details, then my friedn pairs his Galaxy 3, and there it all is!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I would use USB,sounds better a d charges phone too.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
37 Posts

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Check this out, should allow you to stream Pandora with track information on your Android.

Pandora AVRCP Bluetooth support on Android (Album/Track Information)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tested with My Civic 2015 the following phones: Xperia Z3, Lumia 735, iPhone 6s and Samsung Galaxy S5. It worked only with Xperia Z3. The i-MID displayed song titles. I played the music with Spotify.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[SOLVED] The issue is your AVRCP version. Most likely you will need to downgrade it. First, you'll need developer options enabled on your Android (Settings>About Phone> then tap Build Number 7 times). After developer options are enabled, go to Settings>System>Developer Options>Bluetooth AVRCP Version. Try changing AVRCP version, restart the phone, and see if this fixes your problem. AVRCP is what controls the metadata that is sent to your bluetooth device.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have had mixed luck with this. My Verizon Samsung S5 stopped working after s/w updates, but found Google Pixel 1 and Moto G5 Plus both worked.
The issue is on the phone side and is usually with the Bluetooth s/w.
D Me 3 might be on to something.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts