9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

So a question for you guys. Does installing a remote start myself void the warranty? I've heard mixed things on this. Also, has anyone done it with a 2013 civic? Is it hard to install? Since the 2013 got a new interior I wasn't sure if it was different to install compared with the '12.

I'm debating if I want to pay the dealer $400 to install a factory remote start this summer when I buy my Civic, or just install a Viper one for $200. My car sits outside all night long and I live in Chicago where it's always freezing, so walking out to a warm car would be nice. ;) Although it probably would heat up a lot faster than my current 2000 Mercury Mystique.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Nothing voids warranty unless its the cause of the problem with the car! So no it doesn't void your warranty. I don't know if they are hard to install or not. Never tried! It might increase value of your car if anything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
8,206 Posts
Remote start doesn't void warranty.unless its a hack job and is the cause of a specific cause and effect problem

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
What's so bad with the the factory remote start?

And thank you everyone else. Good to know. :)

It appears Viper is the way to go.
viper is good.
When the remote start is running...

1. Buttons on the keyfob are disabled and/or ignored. To include the trunk release.
2. When you insert the key and unlock the door, the car shuts down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
viper is good.
When the remote start is running...

1. Buttons on the keyfob are disabled and/or ignored. To include the trunk release.
2. When you insert the key and unlock the door, the car shuts down.
This happens with the factory system? or the Viper system?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts