9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I want to keep the OEM head unit and run it to something like a JBL MS-8, or go aftermarket H/U. One concern is how tightly the i-MID screen is tied to the OEM H/U. Can anyone who's removed theirs comment on whether the other i-MID stuff, like fuel consumption and range, still works afterward?

Damn, I just realized I'd want to use an adapter to make the steering wheel buttons control my aftermarket H/U if I go that route, but then they wouldn't work to navigate i-MID anymore. Although, as long as the i-MID screen will still display outside temp, tripometer, and time, maybe that'd be good enough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I still get a clock, wallpaper, and the MPG screen on my i-mid. The audio page is the only one missing. I did not get an adapter to get the steering wheel controls to use on my HU. My car is an LX, not sure if the other trim levels have more i-MID stuff.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was offered the aftermarket Rosen navigation when I bought my car. I really wanted the stock navi but they convinced me that this was better. I was told that it would render the source but useless but wasnt made aware that I wouldn't be able to set clock, reset my oil change and other alerts. Needless to say I was pretty pissed off after my 1st oil change when I found this out. So if you want an aftermarket unit just be warned!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the heads up J-Rizzy. Ive been looking to get an aftermarket touchscreen unit but have been hesitant cause I havnt heard anything about the compatibility with premium sound units and the iMid control. Didnt even think it would affect the service reset!

Can anyone direct me to a 7 inch DVD/Nav headunit that will work with wheel controls, premium sound and the iMid?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Thanks for the heads up J-Rizzy. Ive been looking to get an aftermarket touchscreen unit but have been hesitant cause I havnt heard anything about the compatibility with premium sound units and the iMid control. Didnt even think it would affect the service reset!

Can anyone direct me to a 7 inch DVD/Nav headunit that will work with wheel controls, premium sound and the iMid?
Go to sites like crutchfield.com and use the "what will fit my car option" and select your car and trim level and the guide will display what items will fit the Civics.

I have the Pioneer AVIC130BT double din - Navi/DVD unit installed in 12 Civic LX

Closer shot

From back seat

Close up shot - powering up

Navi shot

shot of iMid - all screens still display with one screen is blank (either rear camera screen or audio screen as others have mentioned). Steering wheel controls still work!! Fuel consumption and range work, although I have the LX so I don't have temp gauge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steering wheel controls still work!! Fuel consumption and range work, although I have the LX so I don't have temp gauge.
That HU looks awesome...much better than the factory nav. But, when you say the steering wheel controls still work - do you mean they still control the i-MID, or the new HU, or both? Seems like you'd have to make a choice, either one or the other.

·
Registered
279 Posts
With my Rosen navigation all the steering wheel buttons work except the source(enter) button so I can do the basics like volume, cruise control, blue tooth...ect even navigate the imid up until I would need to press enter like when entering to reset the change oil warning or set a new imid background

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
565 Posts
up until I would need to press enter like when entering to reset the change oil warning or set a new imid background
That's a problem for me.

·
Registered
279 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts