9th Gen Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know that Vit no longer tunes with hondata.
I already finished my tuning process with Vit last year, my issue now is that I plan on installing a new clutch that comes with a lightweight fly wheel and I was wondering if Vit already turns off misfire detection?

I went into my tune and it is locked which leaves me SOL.
I just want to know if i will need to get a re tune from someone local or if Vit turns off misfire detection.
I tired to go to his website but it wont connect me to it (must be closed now).

·
Registered
925 Posts
There is no way to know unless you look at the file. Since its locked, your only option is to use a new calibration file.
That said, I have an unlocked cal from way back and the misfire detection is on. I had a stock clutch though so there was no need to change it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Quick update for the peeps, I have my stage four clutch in with a lightweight flywheel, and drum roll please.................................................. NO CODES AYE!:dancingcoolsmiley:
Very nice! Thanks for the update

·
Registered
46 Posts
So we all know that Vit no longer tunes with hondata.
I already finished my tuning process with Vit last year, my issue now is that I plan on installing a new clutch that comes with a lightweight fly wheel and I was wondering if Vit already turns off misfire detection?

I went into my tune and it is locked which leaves me SOL.
I just want to know if i will need to get a re tune from someone local or if Vit turns off misfire detection.
I tired to go to his website but it wont connect me to it (must be closed now).
He didnt for me before i got my clutch/fly. I got the misfire cel limp mode and had to email him. It is easy to check on your own thou

Open flashpro manager, open the calibration. Then click the calibration tab. Then click on "Misc" at the bottom. Under "OBDII Error Tests", you will see "Misfire Detection". It should be UNCHECKED if you have a lightweight flywheel. If it is checked, uncheck it, save as the tune to preserve the original tune, and then upload that newly saved one to flashpro and flash the ecu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just spent an hour or so trying to find these menu selections on my Flashpro. It appears Hondata may have removed the ability to shut off misfire detection. Any other DIY suggestions, or am I now required to find a tuner? Thanks.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I just spent an hour or so trying to find these menu selections on my Flashpro. It appears Hondata may have removed the ability to shut off misfire detection. Any other DIY suggestions, or am I now required to find a tuner? Thanks.
Are you on a CARB flashpro or calibration? If so the options are limited do you can't bypass emission requirements.
Otherwise, I believe it is under misc parameters or closed loop.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts