9th Gen Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 civic lx , the remote unlocks and locks the door and the key works in the ignition but will not work manually to lock or unlock the door. if the battery dies I need to have the key work so I don't get stranded somewhere. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting that has not been enabled for the mechanical key to work in the door lock? thanks for any help. The guy I purchased it from has no idea and no help. He said he never used the regular key except in the ignition. Maybe this issue has been brought up before but I could not find any similar posts.

·
Truck? What truck?!
27,596 Posts
My '15 LX doesn't allow me to unlock the door manually, either. I just attributed it to someone jamming something in there at one point. Given where I park at work, that is entirely possible.

·
Premium Member
8,536 Posts
Sounds weird that the key fob would work but the physical key would not. Did the person you bought it from buy it from someone else, or were they the original owner? I would probably take to a dealership and ask what they suggest if it bothers you that much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did we figure this out? Gotta 2014 honda lx-s, 1 day old and they physical key turns in the door both ways but doesnt lock or unlock manually. Buttons on fob unlock and lock, physical key works in ignition, my problem is damn near identical to poster

1 - 4 of 4 Posts